Director of Medical Service
- : HealthcareLink On-demand Support
- : 10-Oct-2017
- : Perth WA 6000
Job title: Director of Medical Service
Location: Region WA
The Director Medical Services (DMS) provides high level clinical and strategic leadership, management and governance within
the region. The DMS provides professional leadership and governance for all medical practitioners within the region with a focus
on medical workforce, patient safety and quality improvement, clinical service planning, medical education and clinical research.
The DMS develops the regional health network and progresses health reform strategy.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced medical administrator to join our team in the beautiful South
West region of WA. The location is situated two hours drive from Perth and boasts beautiful beaches,
rivers and inlets and affords its residents unique waterfront living. The South West region offers many attractions
- fine wines and vineyards, cave formations, scenic forests, national parks, restaurants, art galleries, coastal
scenery and the world class surf beaches of Margaret River - this is country living at its best.
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
2. Senior health management experience including the ability to proactively plan, manage resources, influence
change and team participation at a strategic level.
3. Demonstrated contemporary knowledge of professional issues and trends in the medical profession, with a
particular focus on indigenous, rural and remote service delivery.
4. Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of health policy and programs.
5. Demonstrated high level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and
6. Demonstrated commitment to clinical governance within healthcare, including credentialing, scope of practice,
clinical indicator management and safety and quality programs.
7. Current C or C-A Class drivers licence.
8. Current knowledge of legislative obligations including Equal Employment Opportunity, Disability Services,
Occupational Safety and Health and Freedom of Information and how these impact on employment and service
1. Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA) or evidence of progression
2. Post Graduate Health Management qualifications.
3. Experience in rural and remote medical practice and / or management.
4. Experience of strategic health planning processes.
5. Evidence of participating in or leading Quality Improvement initiatives or health management research.
No Similar Jobs Found.