District Medical Officer
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 07-Jun-2018
- : Perth WA 6000
Job Title : District Medical Officer
Location: Regional WA
This role requires a medical practitioner who holds a formal qualification in anaesthetics with extensive clinical experience, including obstetric and paediatric anaesthesia. A District Medical Officer, proceduralist must practice without clinical supervision in this specialty area. The successful applicant must demonstrate significant emergency department experience, with additional primary health care knowledge and skills. The District Medical Officer, anaesthetics proceduralist position provides clinical service to the hospital of the Kimberley as well as outreach clinics in surrounding remote communities. This position reports to and is supported by the Senior Medical Officer at each site. The successful candidate will be rostered to clinical duties in the Emergency Department and/or GP clinics at each hospital as well as being rostered to a 1:3 anaesthetics roster.
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia
2. Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, or equivalent at the date of commencing duties.
3. Formal postgraduate qualifications and/or extensive experience in anaesthetics.
4. Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work as an effective team member.
1. Current knowledge and commitment to Equal Opportunity in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
2. Experience in/or commitmet to public health medicine and primary health care.
3. Experience working in a cross cultural environment particularly with Aborigina people
4. Sound understanding of remote area health service provision.
No Similar Jobs Found.