GP Locum - St George
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 15-May-2017
- : St George QLD 4487
A mixed billing general practice in St George, Queensland is currently looking for a Locum GP to join their team from 05/06/2017 to 29/07/2017.
St George is a fantastic place to live with a strong family and community atmosphere. Five of the nine doctors are ten year plus residents and have no intentions of leaving, this speaks for itself. The St George hospital has only had five medical superintendents over the last 80 years and the Medical Centre is in its 100th year of operation this decade. This demonstrates the strong tradition and respect of medicine in this rural setting.
- Rural GP practice with nine doctors rotating through the practice. Four FTE doctors at the practice
- Two FTE nursing staff (including mental health and chronic disease nurse)
- Three FTE administration staff
- Strong relationship with local hospital
- Primary health provided for the 36-bed nursing home
- The practice offers an on call service to its patients on a roster basis amongst its doctors.
- Onsite Allied Health and Pathology services - Sullivan Nicholaides Pathology, Adult mental health OT, Physiotherapy, podiatry, optometry, massage therapy, ultrasound
- Other visiting Specialist to the practice - Ophthalmologist
- Other visiting specialist to St George - FOG, Paediatrician, General Surgeon, internal medicine, Heart of Australia truck, private and public dentists.
- Good referral processes and pathways in place with specialist both here and away. Video and tele health consult infrastructure.
- State of the art IT infrastructure and software.
- If you wish to apply for this position please click apply now.
Working hours 8:30am to 5:00pm Moday to Friday and 8:30am to 12:00pm on Saturdays.
No Similar Jobs Found.