Mental Health Clinician
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 05-Sep-2018
- : Mt Isa & Western QLD QLD
Seeking a Provisional/General/Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Accredited Social Worker, Mental Health Accredited Occupational Therapist and/or Registered Nurse.
- Join the leaders in the provision of community based allied and mental health services, working in far north and western Queensland!
- Multiple opportunities available across different programs.
- Remuneration packages starting from $68,680 (for Provisional Psychologists) + relocation assistance and 5 weeks leave, retention airfares and support with professional development and supervision.
NWRH now has multiple rewarding opportunities for a Provisional/General or Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Accredited Social Workers, Mental Health Occupational Therapists or Registered Nurses to join their team based in Mount Isa, (and travelling to remote communities), as a Mental Health Professional. These roles are being offered on a full-time or part time basis.
The positions cover different programs within the organisation including:
- Drug and alcohol support programs
- School attendance
- Family Mental Health Support Services
- Personal Helpers and Mentors
- Family Well-being Programs
- Stepped Care - Mental Health
- Delivering clinically successful strategies relating to the above programs;
- Investigating, assessing and providing case management or psychological treatment and counselling to foster optimal personal, social, educational and occupational adjustment and development;
- Assessing the social needs of individuals, families and groups, assist and empower people to develop and use the skills and resources needed to resolve social and other problems;
- Assisting health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues; and
- Documenting and recording all work activities in online data management portals.
To be considered, you must be either a Provisional, General or Clinical Psychologist; Accredited Mental Health Social Worker; or a Mental Health Occupational Therapist or Registered Nurse with specific specialisation in mental health.
- A demonstrated ability to provide high-quality, discipline specific assessment, prevention, treatment and intervention to achieve maximal outcomes for a broad range of clients and conditions.
- A desire to work in primary health care, supporting local GP's and community to deliver high quality mental health outcomes. You will have a broad range of skills and willingness to learn and to apply these skills in a business model of primary health care.
- A current C Class driver's license.
Candidates with an awareness of the issues involved in the delivery of health services to rural and remote communities and/or experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive remuneration starting from $68,680.00, commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900 annually;
- Leave loading of 17.5%;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Relocation assistance, including initial provision of paid accommodation while you look for something more permanent
Note: When working remote travel expenses will be covered by NWRH, and accommodation will be provided when working within these communities.
THINGS TO NOTE
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We encourage people with disability who have relevant skills and experience, to apply for any advertised vacancies.
Established in 1993, NWRH delivers community and outreach based allied health, aged care, wellbeing and disability services. We have a large and diverse team of health care professionals to service the needs of communities in regional, rural and remote Australia.
As a dynamic and evolving organisation we continue to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and are a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
At NWRH, we provide a supportive team environment, including comprehensive cultural induction, training, admin, systems and IT support.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable regional health care experience.
NWRH is one of the largest health service providers in Mount Isa and the surrounding region, offering employees significant career progression and development opportunities. With Team Leaders based locally and a friendly and welcoming team environment, you will have access to support in this autonomous role.
No Similar Jobs Found.