Occupational Therapist - Bowen
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 04-Dec-2018
- : Bowen QLD 4805
Current opportunity is available for immediate start in Bowen
Would you like flexibility in your working hours whilst earning great rates?
This organisation is a multidisciplinary community allied health practice specialising in providing rehabilitation services to a range of clients in the community, disability and aged care settings. We offer a varied caseload including home modifications, health promotion, pain management, equipment prescription and ADL assessments.
Your role will include providing ongoing complex pain management to a residential population as well as monitoring monitoring of aids and equipment, upgrading or downgrading clients required aids as necessary, monitoring falls within the residential care facility in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team and providing solutions to minimise the fall risk. You will have therapy time available to complete one on one or group therapy / rehabilitation sessions pending the current resident mix and your strengths / preferences with regards to interventions.
Occupational Therapists with an interest in home based assessment, home modification and equipment prescription, slow stream rehabilitation (predominately upper limb therapy and retraining of activities of daily living), complex pain management, falls prevention, manual handling training and injury prevention are encouraged to apply.
Your role will include a mixture of residential and community clients.
The residential aged care facility component of your role will include:
- Working with the health care staff at the facility to assess new residents when they enter the facility.
- Advise on manual handling requirements and design therapy programs meet any assessed needs and goals.
- Directing appropriate staff to complete funded interventions as guided by the ACFI as well as completing your own complex pain management interventions as directed.
The community component will involve:
- Visiting community clients once referred to assess and report on their current needs and devise a therapy plan to meet goals based on those assessed needs.
- Advising on the required frequency of visit and be able to schedule your time efficiently to consult with numerous clients. Applicants with a knowledge of community packaged care (NDIS, Private, HCP, CHSP, DVA) will be highly regarded.
Full time, part-time, casual and contractor positions are available for immediate start. All applicants must be registered with the AHPRA and have or be willing to obtain a police name check. Qualifications in training and assessment are advantageous but not essential. Experience in community based rehabilitation is desired however new graduates are welcome to apply. Full training is provided.
No Similar Jobs Found.