Occupational Therapist Grade 1: Horsham
- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 11-Jul-2018
- : Horsham VIC 3400
- Full or part-time opportunity, no weekend work
- Salary according to award plus superannuation
- Supervision and mentorship
- CPD provided and supported
- Mobile phone for work purposes
- Access to company vehicle during work hours or vehicle per km allowance
- Relocation grant available through RWAV for eligible candidates
- CPD grant of $1000 per year available through RWAV
Opportunity for a new graduate to join expanding private allied health practice providing community based services to the Wimmera South West region. Responsible for managing caseload of children, adolescents and adults with a range of disabilities. Conduct assessments and provide innovative interventions in collaboration with multidisciplinary team workers. Support and training will be provided to new graduates and the opportunity to learn from senior OTs in this family-centered practice who are dedicated to meet the needs of the community.
- Conduct assessments formal and informal and provide high standard evidence based therapy goals and interventions
- Plan, deliver and evaluate Occupational Therapy services to consumers using a family centred, strengths-based approach for children, and a person-centred approach for older individuals.
- Complete aged care specific assessments and assist aged care facilities obtain suitable funding.
- Provide individualised care and interventions to older people to increase their participation in all ADLs.
- Support children and families participation and process of transition in all community ADLs, including kindergarten, childcare and schools
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to achieve desired health outcomes
- Promote service and functions to the community
- Implement fine and gross motor interventions, sensory modulation, and behaviour management.
- Develop, conduct and implement paediatric group consultations based on pre-decided goals.
- Develop and present high-quality education and training sessions, tailored to the intended audience.
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to provide services and supports within the parameters of the funding available.
- Complete service plans and reviews
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- AHPRA registration
- OT experience within a community setting
- Competence in goal setting, assessment and intervention for children and adults with disabilities
- Demonstrated ability within a multi- disciplinary team
- Ability to use initiative, be flexible and work autonomously
- Have a strong passion for OT, willingness to learn and ongoing professional development
- National Police Check and Working with Children Check
Please do not contact the organisation directly at this stage.
Candidates are required to be eligible to work in Australia.Practice Details:
Function Therapy is a growing private allied health practice with a vision of ‘Enabling participation in everyday tasks’ providing quality family-centred care and multidisciplinary approach to service delivery. Working with people of all ages with any level of disability to meet the needs of the community. providing services to kindergartens, schools, workplace through to residential aged care homes.
Offering flexible hours, family environment and the ability to develop groups and services to meet community needs. Support staff with mentoring, supervision and ongoing professional development.
Horsham is a large vibrant regional city , the largest the Wimmera wheat growing and sheep grazing district and offers a wide array of culinary, shopping and cultural activities to explore. There are several attractive parks and gardens in Horsham including the Horsham Botanical Gardens. Horsham is a handy base to explore the Grampians National Park, Little Desert National Park and Mount Arapiles great for climbing and cycling and outdoor enthusiasts.
Horsham boasts one of the finest greens golf courses outside metropolitan Melbourne and is featured in the top public courses in Australia. The other sporting facilities and clubs are equally as good . Horsham has excellent shopping precincts, good selection of eateries and is home to a renowned dynamic arts community , theatre and regional art gallery.
Only a 3-hour drive from Melbourne this regional town has it all including affordable housing and access to good quality schools all without peak hour traffic!
Part Time/Full Time:
BothSolo or Group Practice:
The spectacular Grampians and Mount Arapiles rise above the vast plains of sheep and wheat in this part of Victoria providing a diverse array of native wildlife, picturesque walking tracks, and breathtaking scenic attractions.
The Great Ocean Road is a must-see – the famous road follows the rugged coast from Melbourne to the South Australian border making for a scenic road trip.
- Great Ocean Road
- Otway Ranges
- Major towns: Horsham, Ararat, Ballarat, Warrnambool
No Similar Jobs Found.