Part-time Psychologist needed in Wollongong
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 16-Jul-2018
- : Wollongong NSW 2500
Position: Part-time Psychologist
We are a multidisciplinary team of Psychologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Occupational and Speech Therapists providing holistic therapy from multidisciplinary clinics across Sydney and the Illawarra.
Due to our growing reputation, we have confirmed expansion to 5 more locations within the next 5 years. We require a Registered Psychologist to join our team in Wollongong clinic.
As a multidisciplinary team our therapists work with varied caseloads. Our Psychologists see mostly children and conduct diagnostic assessments and interventions with children and their families.
Why join us?
We are looking for a Registered Psychologist to work in our fun team of allied health professionals providing holistic and effective support. You will have a Psychology degree and be Registered Psychologist with AHPRA and Medicare eligibility.
Our ENRICHMENT PROGRAM gives you choice to specialize and develop skills in a variety of areas including specialist clinical areas such as trauma, anxiety and much more. Become an expert in a clinical area you love, OR perhaps your interest lies in Management or Leadership. We can help with that too!!.
Those in our ENRICHMENT program have the opportunity to practice and develop their skills within our own team and with 3 clinics and 5 more in development, we have plenty of opportunities for promotion into your chosen area!!
We value our team and all Therapists enjoy:
- A multi-disciplinary team that has over 30 years of combined experience.
- Encouragement to have flexible work arrangements and a great work-life balance.
- A growing business meaning there are always excellent career progression opportunities available.
- Newly renovated offices with 10 therapy rooms, lunch room, sensory gym and sensory room.
- Specially designed viewing rooms for training and development of therapists.
- Rewards through bonuses for exceptional work.
- Encouragement to pursue professional areas of interest within their disciplines. Support from the team to develop skills in their area of choice. Whether it be specialist clinical skills, Management or Clinical Governance, our Enrichment program will support you to progress your skills and career.
- Up to date technology and a dedicated administrative support team.
- Offices close to a variety of shops and parks
About the role
Based at our Wollongong Office you will be supporting children and adolescents with a variety of presentations including Autism, Anxiety, and ADHD. Recognised as a specialist clinic in Autism we receive many referrals for assessment and intervention for ASD. You will have the opportunity to conduct assessments, design, and conduct group work programs and provide one on one interventions. You will work alongside 3 Registered Psychologists, a Provisional Psychologist, 2 Occupational Therapists and 2 Speech Pathologists with administration support all in our Wollongong clinic.
Professional development and supervision opportunities provided.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Provide psychological assessment and evidence-based treatment services to children 0-16 years to enhance their social, emotional and psychological development.
- Participate in the development, delivery, and evaluation of pediatric group therapy programs in consultation with other therapists
- Support families and children to understand, manage and overcome difficult personal challenges.
- Liaising with other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for clients.
- Experience in delivering evidence-based interventions to children and/or adolescents.
- High level of organizational, oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in the assessment of Autism or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work as part of an allied health, multidisciplinary team as well as work independently
- Preferably with 3 to 5 years of experience
- With General registration in AHPRA
Salary offer: $70k to 90k annual salary
Days of work: 2 to 3 days per week (Monday to Friday only)
Those interested may send their resumes to alphahealthcarelink.com.au or call (02) 91192577 or (02) 80734198
No Similar Jobs Found.