Permanent General Practitioner Gladstone
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 05-Apr-2019
- : Gladstone QLD 4680
Gladstone on the Central Queensland Coast.
Gladstone sits at the start of the Great Barrier Reef, and our beautiful Harbour is surrounded by a multitude of easily accessible islands, for camping, fishing or resort style. Gladstone incorporates the seaside towns of Boyne Island and Tannum Sands, as well as Calliope. Gladstone is easy driving distance to Rockhampton, one hour to the north, or southeast to historic Bundaberg, Agnes Waters and the town of 1770 is a two hour drive away.
The position is within a group Practice for a full time General Practitioner at the local Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health Service. The practice is in the central business district of the town, in a new, purpose built facility. It is a bulk billing practice with online claiming. The role is fully supported by a an experienced, multidisciplinary health team consisting of a Clinical Practice Manager, Registered Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers and Medical Receptionists.
The Practice is further supported by visiting allied health professionals - podiatry, exercise physiology, diabetic educator and visiting specialists in mental health, endocrinology, paediatrics and cardiology. The health service provides comprehensive primary health care services, with targeted programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, preventative health, chronic disease management, maternal and child health, tobacco cessation, aged care and healthy lifestyles. There is a desire to open for a half day Saturday.
There are no scheduled out of hour's requirements. Attendance at community events may be required on an occasional weekend. This position is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. No on call requirements.
Attractive salaried remuneration package with salary sacrifice, four weeks annual leave and one weeks professional development paid leave per year. Accommodation paid for 6 - 12 months in a fully furnished house/apartment - negotiable on longevity of placement.
There is a large range of both public and private schools for primary and secondary schooling, a campus of Central Qld University/CQ Tafe offering a wide variety of higher education as well as a dedicated Technical College at Gladstone State High School.
The area offers plenty of sporting and recreational activities and opportunities, and has a dedicated entertainment and restaurant precinct. With parks, playgrounds, sporting venues, islands, beaches and beautiful weather, this town offers you everything.
Requirements of the position:
- Current and unconditional registration with AHPRA
- Fellowship with RACGP or ACRRM
- Ability to pass a federal police check
- VR General Practitioners Wanted for Private Billin...
- Posted By: Lilydale Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-04-23
- Location:Lilydale VIC 3140
- Very busy practice within a major health hub Great support and great remuneration
- General Practitioner - VR/non VR GP's - Relocate t...
- Posted By: Health Hub Doctors Morayfield
- Posted Date: 2019-04-23
- Location:Morayfield QLD 4506
- - High quality, integrated & collaborative patient-centred care - Guaranteed hourly rate offered - Relocation assistance provided
- GP Wanted - Ascot
- Posted By: Racecourse Village Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-04-21
- Location:Ascot QLD 4007
- Consult rooms have large windows that overlook the racecourse. Parking available
- General Practitioner - LOCUMS at our Family Practi...
- Posted By: Family Practice Medical Centres
- Posted Date: 2019-04-19
- Location:Kallangur QLD 4503
- We urgently seeking LOCUMS at our Family Practice across QLD/NSW Take the stress out of continual...