- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 06-Dec-2018
- : Longreach QLD 4730
Physiotherapist (Experienced) - Longreach
Are you an experienced Physiotherapist looking for a diverse and challenging opportunity?
Are you excited by the idea of living and working in rural communities and making a real difference?
Join the leaders in the provision of community based allied health, working in Western Queensland!
About this organisation
Leaders in the delivery of community based allied health, aged care, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, this organisation harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
A primary health care provider, they are a stand out in service delivery through:
- Community Focus
- Local Approach
- Extensive Experience
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and stands to be a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Your new career awaits!
They now have fantastic opportunities for a Physiotherapist to join their professional teams, based in Longreach, Queensland.
As a Physiotherapist, your main aim will be to assess, treat and prevent disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease by:
- Administering muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to identify and assess physical problems of patients;
- Designing and evaluating treatment programs to address patients' problems;
- Treating patients to reduce pain, improve circulation, strengthen muscles, improve cardiothoracic, cardiovascular and respiratory functions, restore joint mobility, and improve balance and coordination;
- Reviewing, continually monitoring, assessing and evaluating programs and treatments;
- Assisting health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues; and
- Delivering health services, where safe and practicable, via telehealth delivery mode (eg. Videoconferencing).
To be considered, you must hold a tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy, and be registered or eligible for registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia and AHPRA.
Your demonstrated experience providing high quality discipline specific assessment, prevention, treatment and intervention to achieve maximal outcomes for a broad range of clients and conditions will be pivotal to your success.
It is essential you possess high level communication skills, along with an awareness of local health issues and the ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Demonstrated knowledge, or the motivation and ability to gain knowledge, of Primary Health Care principles and issues in rural and remote communities will be highly regarded.
In addition, competency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (or the ability to quickly learn) will be required.
Please Note: You must be willing to travel by road and/or in small planes to communities within the place catchment area on a regular basis. A 'C' Class Driver's License is also a requirement of this position.
Why you'll love working with this organisation
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable regional health care experience.
If successful, you will receive an attractive remuneration circa $77,558 - $95,015 commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900 annually;
- Leave loading of 17.5%;
- Rental Subsidy;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Relocation assistance, including initial provision of paid accommodation while you look for something more permanent
Furthermore you will have access to ongoing professional development opportunities, with high level support from your Team Leader and colleagues.
If you're an experienced Physiotherapist looking for a new rewarding challenge -Apply Now!
Send resume and cover letter to Health Workforce Queensland Ph 3105 7800
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check;
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply; and
- We encourage people with disability who have relevant skills and experience, to apply for any advertised vacancies.
No Similar Jobs Found.