Child Protection Service Clinician
- : South Australia Health
- : 05-Jun-2020
- : Adelaide SA 5000
Job no: 725665
Work type: Full time
Location: Adelaide Metro Northern
Categories: Allied and Scientific Health
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network, Child Protection Service - Salisbury
- Indicative Total Remuneration: $92,051 - $106,480 p.a. - AHP2 or $71,596 - $87,243 p.a. - AHP1 - Perm F/T
A permanent position is available in a newly developed service within the Northern Adelaide Local Health Network. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will provide a range of comprehensive specialist forensic and clinical/psychosocial assessment and therapy services for children and families referred to Child Protection Services. This will include providing a tertiary clinical assessment service to infants, children, adolescents and their family where child abuse and neglect is identified by the Department for Child Protection and/or South Australian Police. You will conduct forensic psychosocial assessments with children, undertake parenting capacity assessments and provide therapy for children and families who have experienced maltreatment. You may also provide assessment of antenatal risk for vulnerable infants, or assessment of children in out of home care. It is expected that you will maintain up to date knowledge of the health system, child protection system and criminal justice system. This is a great opportunity to work in a supportive multidisciplinary team to improve outcomes for vulnerable children and families. Working for us, you will have access to high quality supervision and professional development opportunities.
You will need to hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Social Work or Clinical Psychology, and be eligible for membership or registration of the relevant professional association. With prior experience working with the child protection system and/or child mental health, you will have sound knowledge regarding attachment, complex trauma and therapeutic interventions. Along with good assessment and report writing skills, you will display a high level of empathy and cultural competence when working with vulnerable children and families.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 725665
- Full Time Psychologist - Nanango
- Posted By: Health Workforce Queensland
- Posted Date: 2020-07-09
- Location:Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett QLD
- Full time Psychologist position available in Nanango and Kingaroy
- Clinical Psychologist wanted in Prahran, VIC -Priv...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink Support
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Prahran VIC 3181
- Job title: Clinical Psychologist wanted in Prahran, VIC Location: Prahran, VIC Hours...
- Posted By: Champion Health
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Slacks Creek QLD 4127
- Are you looking to work as a part of a growing multidisciplinary team that emphasizes personal conne...
- Child & Adolescent Psychologists and Clinical Psyc...
- Posted By: The Psych Professionals
- Posted Date: 2020-07-07
- Location:Loganholme QLD 4129
- The Psych Professionals are always on the lookout for team members who are aligned to our values, wh...