Community Health Nurse
The Bolton Clarke Homeless Persons Program actively seeks to engage and offer a holistic primary health care response to individuals and families who are at risk of or who are experiencing homelessness. The program is committed to offering practical health care at the point of contact and actively works with people to link them into generalist and specialist services.
We are looking for Community Health Nurse to be based in Footscray covering the inner western suburbs. This position is co-located with Co-health in Footscray. 4 days per week - Monday to Friday.
Our offer to you:
- Vehicle provided
- Discounted private health insurance
- $18,550 of Salary Packaging!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Work with a dedicated and supportive team
- An opportunity to be involved with an organization that puts its people first
- Access to comprehensive corporate health & fitness program and access to our total well-being program
- Offering assertive, flexible health care responses that actively seek to engage and involve people experiencing homelessness
- Developing collaborative advocacy strategies through liaison and support networks, with people experiencing homelessness, service providers, and government departments
- Providing education and learning opportunities on health and homelessness
- Initiating, participating in and at times managing action research projects, which relate to the needs of people experiencing homelessness, with a specific focus on health
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of at least 5 years of post-graduate RN experience (preferably community nursing)
- Experience and or ability to work with people with mental illness and/or drug and alcohol issues/homelessness
- Prior experience in corrections is highly desirable
- The capability of exercising a high level of professional autonomy
- An ability to form and maintain strong collegial relationships across service organizations
- Experience or interest in working with complex clients
- Commitment to improving the health and service outcome for people who are marginalized
- Australian Working Rights/Current Australian driver's license
- If appointed, a satisfactory Police Check will be required along with working with children's check
Get your application in fast as we'll be progressing applications quickly.
Please also provide a cover letter outlining your experience related to this role.
- $45.37 P/H + Super + $18.5K Salary packaging + Benefits
- 12 month fixed term contract | Homeless Persons Program
- Part time opportunity - 4 days a week | Company vehicle provided
No Similar Jobs Found.