Community Mental Health Practitioner - Team Leader
- : Mind AUstralia
- : 11-Sep-2020
- : Kangaroo Ground VIC 3097
- Recovery Oriented Services
- Leadership Opportunity
- Fixed Term Full Time | Chadstone location
Mind Australia Limited is one of Australia’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
Lead a passionate team of Community Mental Health Practitioners to deliver quality recovery oriented services. Manage the day to day operations of the service and liaise with providers within the community. The Team Leader provides strong leadership to the team, manages and coordinates team operations on a day to day basis, and ensures the smooth running of the service through the efficient allocation of tasks and resources on a day to day basis.
- Provide support to staff and individual clients
- Coordinate day to day operations of the service including rosters, client files, efficient and effective service delivery
- Liaise with members of the clinical team to support client recovery
- Plan, deliver, evaluate and review group work programs
- Proactively support Mind’s vision of supporting people facing mental health challenges
- Collaborate with local service providers
What you’ll bring
- Experience working directly with people with mental health issues and their families and carers
- Skills and experience in advocacy, collaboration, facilitation, evaluation and problem solving
- Previous experience effectively leading, coaching and developing a team to achieve best quality service outcomes
- The ability to plan and prioritise to meet customer service delivery requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the use of Microsoft/other software
- The ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum certificate IV) in Mental Health, Youth Work, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or a related field
Why Mind Australia
- Join a Not For Profit truly living its values.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Generous Not For Profit salary packaging benefits.
- Learning, development and career opportunities.
No Similar Jobs Found.