Counselling Shift Supervisor - Kids Helpline NSW
- : yourtown
- : 01-Jun-2020
- : Blacktown NSW 2148
Job no: 492314
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Counselling & Pyschology
Kids Helpline is Australia's only free and confidential, 24/7 online and phone counselling service for young people aged 5-25. For some young people, connecting with Kids Helpline has been a life-saving experience, while for others it’s about practical help and emotional support at the critical moment they need someone to listen. Our mission is to enable young people, especially those who are marginalised and without voice, to improve their quality of life. We take the time to listen, understand and encourage young people to find their place. Kids Helpline is a service of yourtown.
We have recently opened a Kids Helpline service centre in Blacktown and are looking for an additional Counselling Shift Supervisor for a full time position, working a range of shifts across a service that operates 8am – 12 midnight, 7 days per week. Generous shift penalties and 5 weeks annual leave!
As part of a small NSW management team you will be responsible for working with the wider counselling centre team, including some areas of operational responsibility. Additionally, you will directly line managing and supervising a small team of Counsellors. You will offer assistance in real time through live monitoring and supporting Counsellors during sessions with clients. You will provide debriefing and supervision to counsellors and train, assess and provide feedback on counselling practice in line with Counselling Centre benchmarks. You will also be responsible for managing all aspects of interagency referral and follow up and facilitating and monitoring crisis response and case coordination.
You will hold a university degree level qualification in psychology, social work, counselling or equivalent, together with a minimum of five years’ practice experience. You will have demonstrated capacity to effectively supervise a team of counsellors whilst supporting the organisation to meet organisational and contractual priorities. You will work effectively and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team to establish and maintain professional relationships with all colleagues and stakeholders. Being open, confident, and agile in learning new systems or responding to technological change is important as our services are provided by virtual modes. You will be a passionate, driven, professional, and aligned with yourtown values & our mission!
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can be innovative, drive change and have a positive impact on the lives of young people we would love to hear from you. We offer attractive employment conditions including access to salary packaging arrangements and paid parental leave.
- Full Time Psychologist - Nanango
- Posted By: Health Workforce Queensland
- Posted Date: 2020-07-09
- Location:Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett QLD
- Full time Psychologist position available in Nanango and Kingaroy
- Clinical Psychologist wanted in Prahran, VIC -Priv...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink Support
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Prahran VIC 3181
- Job title: Clinical Psychologist wanted in Prahran, VIC Location: Prahran, VIC Hours...
- Posted By: Champion Health
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Slacks Creek QLD 4127
- Are you looking to work as a part of a growing multidisciplinary team that emphasizes personal conne...
- Child & Adolescent Psychologists and Clinical Psyc...
- Posted By: The Psych Professionals
- Posted Date: 2020-07-07
- Location:Loganholme QLD 4129
- The Psych Professionals are always on the lookout for team members who are aligned to our values, wh...