ECS SPEECH PATHOLOGIST (EAST KIMBERLEY)
- : Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS)
- : 21-May-2020
- : Broome WA 6725
- A unique opportunity to work in a spectacular region!
- With an outstanding base salary of $105,000 PLUS allowances, accommodation, airfares & more!
- Enjoy 5 weeks annual leave per year giving you time to explore the magnificent sights of the Kimberley region!
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 22 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence based best practice in primary health care.
The Kimberley region is located in the northern part of Western Australia and covers about 421,000 square kilometres. The Kimberley has only three towns with a population of more than 2,000 (Broome, Derby and Kununurra), and the total population is around 37,000. In addition to the sealed Route 1 which runs along the southern part of the area, the unsealed Gibb River Road runs through the heart of the region from Derby to the highway near Kununurra. Access to much of the region is by dirt road, air or sea.
About the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Early Childhood Support (ECS) Program
The purpose of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Early Childhood Support (ECS) program is to approach, engage and support children under 7 years with developmental delay or disability through timely access to early intervention supports delivered by community service providers. The aim of the NDIS ECS approach is to support families to assist children to gain and use functional skills to participate meaningfully in their daily activities and achieve the best possible outcomes throughout their life.
About the Opportunity
KAMS now has an opportunity for a ECS Speech Pathologist to join their friendly, multidisciplinary team in Kununurra, WA, on a full-time fixed term basis until June 2021. This position will be working as part of the NDIS ECS program, reporting to the Team Leader Allied Health you’ll be responsible to provide a culturally appropriate and holistic speech pathology service to support the care and education needs of Aboriginal children and their families in the Kimberley region. The Speech Pathologist will assess children’s language and speech needs, build strong communication and language skills and provide practical guidance and supports for parents that can be implemented in the home. The Speech pathologist will form part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver high quality early intervention services to the local Aboriginal community. The main purpose of this position is to provide accurate assessment, intervention and therapy to patients aged 0-7 with any perceived developmental issues.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing and treating children 0-6y ears who have speech, language, fluency and literacy difficulties
- Provide culturally responsive assessment and intervention for families/children and adults
- Liaise with local kindergartens and schools, WACHS and Education WA regarding the services available
- Working with the framework of a family and client centred practice, in our ACCHO, at family homes or in the community
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Speech Pathology and eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia. You'll also require demonstrated competency in the assessment and management of children with communication difficulties.
Ideally, you would have lived and/or worked as a Speech Pathologist in Aboriginal Health and have two or more years' clinical experience (required), with a commitment to the principals of an Aboriginal community controlled health service and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team. A high level of integrity and a dedication to maintaining patient confidentiality will ensure you flourish in this position.
Due to the nature of this role a current manual driver’s licence with the capacity to drive a 4WD is required. Additionally, you will need to be able to travel by light aircraft.
Please note: It is a requirement that successful candidates hold a current WA Working With Children Check, and be willing to undergo a National Police Check prior to employment with KAMS.
About the Benefits
KAMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by KAMS. This role is a highly attractive opportunity for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive salary package including a base salary of $105,000 plus super and a further host of benefits, including:
- District allowance $3,569 p.a pro rata;
- Electricity allowance $1,440 p.a pro rata;
- Accommodation allowance $13,000 p.a. pro rata;
- Annual airfares subsidy to the value of $1,800 p.a. (after 12 months of service); and
- 5 weeks annual leave p.a.;
Please note: People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Speech Pathologist - Portland / Hamilton
- Posted By: South West Healthcare
- Posted Date: 2020-07-09
- Location:Portland VIC 3305
- Located on the beautiful Great South Coast, South West Healthcare offers a comprehensive range of me...
- SPEECH PATHOLOGIST – GRADE 1 AND GRADE 2
- Posted By: Sunraysia Community Health Services
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Mildura VIC 3500
- 2 x Full time, Ongoing, Grade 1 or Grade 2 Part time applicants welcome Graduates encouraged ...
- Speech Pathologist wanted in Blacktown, NSW
- Posted By: HealthcareLink On-Demand
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Blacktown NSW 2148
- A generous base salary + Superannuation
- Speech Pathologist wanted in Hobart, TAS
- Posted By: HealthcareLink On-Demand
- Posted Date: 2020-07-07
- Location:Hobart TAS 7000
- A generous base salary + travel allowance + Superannuation