General Practitioner - AMS Innisfail
Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation owned and managed by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It provides culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Innisfail.
Delivering Primary Health Care service to the Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander people.
We Bulk bill only. Hours of work - 8.30 to 5.00 pm only with no weekends required
Innisfail Far North QLD
Innisfail is the Cassowary Coast's largest town, with a population of approximately 10,000. The township is picturesquely situated at the junction of the North and South Johnstone Rivers, approximately five kilometres from the coast. Innisfail is 90km from Cairns (an hour's drive) along the Bruce Highway, making it easily accessible by car, bus or train.
Townsville is a three- and half-hour drive south and the Great Barrier Reef is only a half hour boat ride. There are plenty of tourist attractions within driving distance for day trips.
The Position - General Practitioner
Specific Duties - Clinical
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, in keeping with best practice standards, including clinic consultations, outreach clinics and home visits.
- Respond to medical/health problems presented by patients, including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral.
- Provide patients with appropriate health promotion and preventative health care advice.
- Conduct case conferences with relevant employees and service providers to ensure consistency and consensus, as required.
- Ensure compliance with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) requirements, including but not limited to medical record keeping, accreditation and pharmaceuticals.
- Follow up patients recently discharged from hospital and referred to hospital or specialists.
- Contribute to Chronic Disease Management as provided by the Medicare Benefit Scheme, including but not limited to chronic disease management items and health assessments for screening and detection.
- Support the professional development of clinic employees by providing basic training and identifying development opportunities.
- Maintain professional standards of practice in the delivery of safe patient care.
Specific Duties - Administration
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards clients and staff.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other Aboriginal medical services in the region, key external stakeholders and service providers
- Maintain clean and professional appearance
- Respect all equipment and property and use with care to avoid unnecessary damage
- Attend meetings, internal and external training to further develop and maintain skills, as required
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients to achieve a strong team philosophy within the organisation
- Work collaboratively to exceed client expectations
- Keep work areas tidy and clean
- Participate in community events (weekends and after hours) when required
- Support health promotion programs and the planning, implementation and evaluation of group activities
- Contribute as required to maintenance of AGPAL and ISO:9001 accreditation status and reaccreditation process, where required
- Other ad hoc duties, as required
Undertake the responsibilities of the position adhering:
- Equal opportunity and anti-discrimination legislation and requirements
- Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) legislation and requirements
- Legal requirements
- Confidentiality agreement and client confidentiality
- Code of conduct
- Conflict of interest
Position description available on request.
- Qualification as a General Practitioner and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner
- Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or ability to obtain registration
- Current registration with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners or the Australian College of Rural and Remove Medicine (ACRRM), or a recogised equivalent
- Experience providing General Practitioner services in primary health care
- Experience in the delivery of comprehensive primary health care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (desirable)
- Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Ability to achieve targets and contribute to the achievement of organisational objectives
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to manage own work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously, exercise initiative and as a collaborative team member in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, as well as autonomously
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services, and the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples' (desirable)
To apply for this position please provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV.
The position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development. Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.
No Similar Jobs Found.