General Practitioner - Bundaberg
This practice is a Doctor owned business and premises that can offer the highly sought after work life balance in beautiful coastal Queensland. This position does not require any after hours work with the flexibility of being able to take holidays. They currently have a team of 8 Doctors who can ensure your patients are well looked after while you take some time out.
They are predominantly a private billing practice, with mixed billing if preferred, at the discretion of the Doctor. The practice utilise Best Practice Software and have a close team of nurses and admin staff to assist you. They has been operating from the same building since 1913, located in the town centre of Bundaberg. This position offers a competitive % rate of billings, please enquire now.
Bundaberg is a city in south-east Queensland, Australia, about 385 kilometres north of the state capital, Brisbane. Bundaberg is a relaxed coastal town boasting sunny weather and beautiful beaches. A position has become available in our practice located in the Bundaberg CBD.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide competent patient-centred care that addresses health needs and promotes wellness. Such care is based on latest evidence and guidelines, and meets legislative requirements.
To provide good clinical care
- Providing skilled health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services to patients.
- Ordering diagnostic tests as needed and checking and informing patients of results in accordance with the practice’s procedure.
- Referring patients appropriately to other providers if their needs exceed the range of care you are able to provide.
- Consulting and collaborating with colleagues to provide optimal care.
- Documenting all care provided and education/information given to patients within their health record, in accordance with the practice’s procedure.
To maintain good medical practice
- Maintaining professional knowledge and standards through continuing medical education and personal professional development.
- Having a working knowledge of legislation and standards of general practice.
- Maintaining a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate.
- Practising medicine in a way that reflects the company’s values and mission.
Maintaining trust (professional relationships with patients)
- Providing services courteously and respectfully, with regard to the cultural beliefs and needs of patients.
- Responding openly and following up complaints or feedback.
Working collaboratively with colleagues
- Collaborating with regards to rosters and providing cover to ensure patients’ needs are met.
- Working constructively and harmoniously with all staff to ensure patients receive optimal care.
- Involvement in practice accreditation activities.
- Participating in centre-based audits and activities.
Maintaining integrity in professional practice
- Charging for consultations in accordance with the practice’s policy.
- Declaring vested interests in services to which you may refer patients.
- Returning telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Completing documents (i.e. medical reports) in a timely manner.
- Clearing the in-tray correspondence daily.
- Participating in centre-based audits.
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of company policy with regards to clinical practice as described in the practice manuals.
- Reporting ‘events’ or untoward incidents in accordance with professional obligations and practice policy.
- Using the computer effectively (i.e. recall and reminder systems, data input).
- Keeping up to date with new item numbers, SIPs and incentive payments.
- Ensuring your immunisation status is kept up to date.
Develop and maintain relationships with:
- Other general practitioners and associates
- Practice manager
- Nurse manager and other nurses
- Office manager and reception staff
- Community and secondary service providers, and
- Local hospitals, nursing homes and hostels.
Expected behaviours and personal attributes
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and compliance with all relevant legislation and common law obligations.
- Discharge of duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedural guidelines that have legal implications (e.g. ensure documentation conforms to legal requirements).
- Identify and respond to unsafe practice (e.g. implement interventions to prevent unsafe practice and/or contravention of law).
- Demonstrate patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all ages and social groups.
- Always be well-presented, friendly, courteous and obliging. Represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times.
- Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity,
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
- Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary.
- Demonstrate an ability to work cooperatively and independently, and the ability to prioritise and organise.
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Vocational registration.
- Current medical indemnity insurance.
- Current driver’s licence.
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
No Similar Jobs Found.