General Practitioner (GP) Skin - Mackay DPA - $400K+
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 18-Oct-2019
- : Mackay QLD 4740
Mackay is a lush tropical paradise looking out over the Whitsunday Islands with great beaches and a wonderful lifestyle. With a population of about 100,000, we have good services (schools, shops, theatre, entertainment, sport) without the disadvantage of big city life (like bad traffic jams, violence, theft, drugs etc). This is a lifestyle choice with fantastic professional and personal rewards.
Mackay is half way between Cairns and Brisbane and regular flights are available at minimal cost to Brisbane when desired.
Good private and public schools are here and we have 2 university campuses. There is fantastic fishing, scuba diving, islands, coral reef, rainforest, whale watching and other recreations.
The practice is a group of 6 practices and around 20 GPs spread across the area with skin cancer clinics with high level equipment for assessment and treatment. The role is to provide high level skin cancer assessments and treatments at 3 sites around town including advanced treatments, surgical and non-surgical. Services include use of Siascope (melanoma scanner), Observe (skin condition assessor), operating tables, theatre lights, Photodynamic therapy, Ultrasound machines, PRP, LED, radio-frequency diathermy and other cosmetic procedures.
The doctor will be primarily performing purely skin cancer work with some GP work being performed a minority of the time. The split of this time can be discussed and negotiated to suit both parties as the applicant will be filling a full-time position left vacant by a very successful doctor that moved out of town.
Take home income level of between $400-$500,000 is expected.
We are a private billing service generating high level hourly rates and incomes for skilled doctors and some general practice work can be performed as well as the primary skin cancer treatment role. The doctor will receive patients referred from the 20 other doctors in the group if able to perform the more advanced procedures that the usual GPs are not comfortable with (flaps, grafts, difficult areas).
The full range of allied health providers will be on site (psychology, dieticians, physio, podiatry, chiropractor, pharmacy, dentist, cosmetic clinic, occupational health and more). The practices are all training practices receiving medical students, GP registrars, and students of nursing and allied health.
All doctors work cooperatively within the practice and share weekend shifts and on call commitments. Only one doctor is on for the Saturday and Sunday sessions and 5-8pm sessions resulting in about one weekend session per month.
After Hours requirements:
Participation in the weekend GP roster is expected with about one weekend day shift required per month (8am to 2pm).
The candidate needs to have full registration and preferably FRACGP status. They require to have experience and skill at accurately assessing skin lesions to determine those that require excision, biopsy or can be left alone as well as the skills to perform advanced skin procedures like flaps and grafts.
While training in advanced surgery can be provided in house, our preference is for already experienced doctors to apply and we certainly will train new doctors in the use of the full range of equipment's listed above to ensure best services for patients and high-income levels.
For further information regarding this position please apply today by clicking the Apply Now button
- General Practitioner VR Fellow GP - 75 to 80% Bill...
- Posted By: Casey Gate Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-11-12
- Location:Narre Warren South VIC 3805
- Financially rewarding, Flexible working hours and conditions, Negotiable terms, Opportunity for Partnership
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: One Stop Medical
- Posted Date: 2019-11-11
- Location:Mackay QLD 4740
- Friendly practice; beautiful regional coastal town
- Earn up to $400,000/annum, DWS sites in WA
- Posted By: The Wishing Well Clinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-10
- Location:West Busselton WA 6280
- Earn up to $400,000 a year on your 70%. Training will be given to do so.
- General Practitioner - LOCUMS at our Family Practi...
- Posted By: Family Practice Medical Centres
- Posted Date: 2019-11-09
- Location:Kallangur QLD 4503
- We urgently seeking LOCUMS at our Family Practice across QLD/NSW Take the stress out of continual...
- General Practitioner | Very Busy Clinic | 70% on ...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink Support
- Posted Date: 2019-11-07
- Location:Cairns & Far North QLD
- AI technology for mole scans, skin cancer and pre-employment medicals can be privately billed to subsidise income