General Practitioner Permanent (GP)- Innisfail
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 12-May-2020
- : Innisfail QLD 4860
UNIQUE TRAINING POSITION IN AN ACCREDITED SKIN CANCER TRAINING PRACTICE - clinics located in Far north qld.
DPA POSITIONS AVAILABLE. Clinics accredited for Extended skills training in Skin cancer. Invest in the most valuable commodity - Your training!!
Innisfail is town of approximately 20,000 people located in the Cassowary Coast Region in Far North Queensland. Known for its fishing and farming (sugar cane, tea, bananas, pawpaws and coffee) industries, Innisfail is a picturesque town, based on the banks of the North and South Johnstone Rivers and has a large diverse range of Art Deco buildings. The town has a vibrant retail centre with some national stores and many smaller locally owned speciality shops.
The district offers public and private schooling as well as a TAFE College. Innisfail has a newly refurbished hospital with helipad and has aged care facilities.
Cairns is just a 1 hour drive north and offers plenty of tourist activities and has an international airport. There are also 2 universities - JCU and CQU. Beautiful beaches, including Mission Beach a popular tourist destination along the Coral Sea Coast, with links to Dunk and Bedarra Islands. Innisfail is also home to the multi award winning tourist attraction Paronella Park. The Atherton Tablelands is just a 1 hour drive up the Palmerston Highway, leading to rainforests, crater lakes, the Herberton Heritage Village, Kuranda and Yungaburra markets, hot air ballooning and Tinaroo Dam.
This location offers a relaxed lifestyle, and is a lovely place to raise a family. It is a friendly community that provides plenty of sporting opportunities including football, tennis, squash, lawn bowls, golf, pony club, martial arts, dancing, cricket, rowing, swimming, netball and basketball. There are also 2 fully equipped Gyms and a ladies only gym.
The practice offers :
1. Large Pt base - established skin clinic. AGPAL accredited Skin cancer training practice. Come join the 11 other driven Skin cancer GPs - very academic environment.
OPTION TO DO BOTH SKIN AND GP WORK - don't have to travel to different clinics!!
2. NO restrictive contracts. Flexible / negotiable terms. Fully GP owned, very family orientated, friendly non corporate environment.
3. Skin cancer training - Direct (one on one) mentoring from some of the top skin cancer practitioners in Australia: Dr Phil Hayden. Our strength is in providing structured training where you can progress at your own pace. All our doctors are encouraged and supported to pursue formal skin cancer training. Academic practice- registrars preparing for RACGP exams or working towards a fellowship with SCCA.
4. Fortnightly lunch time lectures. We are the National training centre for a large corporate skin cancer chain of clinics offering clinical attachments and online backup.
5. Dedicated Theatre suites and fully equipped consultation rooms with most advanced imaging equipment. FULL NURSING SUPPORT.
6. Opportunity to update/upgrade your skin cancer skills in a training environment while still maintaining your GP skills. Will compliment skills learnt in skin cancer courses.
7. Business opportunities/Mentoring available - we are a rapidly expanding business with multiple clinic opportunities!
8. Position is suitable for doctors wanting to commence a career in skin cancer medicine. No previous experience is required.
9. Awesome lifestyle & work life balance. NO Sunday, public holiday or extended hours work. Great tropical weather and so close to the reef and the mountains.
10. DPA clinic is 60mins to the nearest international airport - so very convenient!! Don't let the new changes restrict your training!!
If this interests you, please apply today for further information on this position
No Similar Jobs Found.