Grade 2 Physiotherapist
- : The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne
- : 30-Jul-2020
- : Parkville VIC 3052
Grade 2 Physiotherapist – Neurosciences
- Part-Time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-Term Role until July 2021
- Hub of the medical precinct & leading Children’s Hospital
- Fabulous employee benefits including salary packaging and onsite parking
The Royal Children's Hospital (RCH) Melbourne is one of the world's great children's hospitals. We are the major specialist paediatric hospital in Victoria and our care extends to children from Tasmania, southern New South Wales and other states around Australia and overseas. With a passionate, highly skilled and committed staff campus wide of over 6000, we provide a full range of clinical services, tertiary care and health promotion and prevention programs for children and young people. The Royal Children’s Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on our Commitment to Child Safety: http://www.rch.org.au/quality/child-safety/
The Grade 2 Physiotherapist will provide physiotherapy services to children and adolescents as part of a multidisciplinary team at RCH. By working in close collaboration with medical, nursing and allied health staff they will ensure that services provided to children at RCH are innovative, evidence-based and provided in a child and family centred context.
This role sits within the Physiotherapy Neurosciences stream. Areas of practice within this stream include acute respiratory, neuromuscular weakness, brain injury, epilepsy, neonatal care, neurosurgery, neurology, oncology, developmental care, complex care and aquatic therapy. Service delivery within other Physiotherapy streams may be required to meet workforce demands as directed by the manager.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent professional, interpersonal and self-reflection skills to enable effective work with people of different personalities and backgrounds
- The ability to motivate children of different ages and abilities
- A passion to be an advocate for patients and their families
- Communication, supervision and education skills of a level suitable for supervision of undergraduate students, grade 1 physiotherapists and allied health assistants
- Demonstrated ability to work in an acute care time-frame, manage competing demands and to appropriately prioritise and manage a caseload
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and collaboratively with experience working in multidisciplinary teams with multiple stakeholders
- Sound problem-solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to apply these in practice
- Commitment to ongoing education and skill development
- Demonstrated skills and experience in areas of physiotherapy practice relevant to the clinical stream
- Excellent computer literacy skills
If you think you possess the right skills and experience we encourage you to apply on our website now!
Why work at the RCH?
That's what you can do for us, this is what we can offer you!
The opportunity to work in world-class facilities, alongside some of the greatest medical minds in the country.
We have 13 food and beverage options on site, a 24 hour gym, hairdresser, massage and supermarkets. We are surrounded by beautiful gardens and only a short tram trip from the heart of Melbourne city.
We offer discounted staff parking, salary packaging, an award winning health and well-being program and a fantastic team culture. We offer continuous learning and career development and let’s not forget about the Meerkat enclosure!
The RCH is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and all members of the LGBTQI community.
Make a change for the good. Come and work at the Royal Children’s Hospital.
No Similar Jobs Found.