Industrial Hygienist JOB DESCRIPTION
Aspen Medical has been contracted to provide quality comprehensive industrial hygiene services on behalf of our oil and gas customer, Shell Australia. We are seeking an Industrial Hygienist that will provide a range of industrial and occupational hygiene practice activities in support of the health services delivery requirements.
This is a fixed-term role from January 2022 until December 2022, commencing after credentialing and onboarding. Experience in the oil and gas industry is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be required to travel offshore on a regular basis.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- developing and implementing risk assessment and management plans, consistent with the annual health plan in accordance with contractual requirements
- providing consultation and support to key stakeholders, regarding industrial hygiene concerns relative to regulations, training, risk identification, hazard evaluation, and control activities
- advising on initiating, implementing, and evaluating industrial hygiene policy, strategy, procedures, and programs with the Health Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Management System
- identifying and evaluating employee exposure to physical, biological, chemical and ergonomic health stressors
- periodically reviewing and updating of industrial hygiene programs/procedures, and develop and implement new programs as required
- maintaining systems and compliance processes to assure compliance with regulations
- facilitating and delivering training and technical presentations to employees and management; including performance standard reviews, findings, and recommendations identified from workplace studies
- participating in internal and external audits in compliance with government laws and regulations
- participating in monthly reporting activities, and managing industrial hygiene records in accordance with stakeholder requirements
- displaying behaviours consistent with Aspen Medical Corporate Values and Code of Conduct.
To submit a complete application for this position, please ensure you provide the below mentioned documentation:
- a copy of your current CV
- a copy of your primary degree in Health (Medical or Nursing), Science or Engineering/Science (Chemical, Physics, Biology) or related discipline
- a copy of your post-graduate qualifications in Industrial Hygiene
- evidence of your full membership with the Australian Institute of Occupational hygiene (AIOH), and Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH) status if applicable
- noise officer qualification (if applicable)
- evidence of a minimum of 10 years' work experience in industrial or occupational hygiene practice
- evidence of a minimum of five (5) years' work experience within a large organisation in the health industry
- two recent professional referees who can attest to your industrial hygiene competence (i.e. your work delivery practice within the past two (2) years) - template link provided below.
In addition to being able to meet Aspen Medical's credentialing requirements, you will need to hold (or be eligible to gain) the following:
- Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with Compressed Air Breathing System (CA-EBS)
- Escape Chute training
- Offshore medical
- Safer Together - Industry Safety Induction (ISI)
No Similar Jobs Found.