Intensive Care Paramedic
Aspen Medical has been engaged by the ACBPS to provide medical support on board a number of Australian Customs Vessels for missions which generally operate for approximately 26 days. This is not your standard Paramedic role and as such we are seeking candidates who are looking for something a little different.
We are seeking Paramedics with a broad range of skills who can operate in very remote and sometimes difficult conditions. As the sole clinician onboard, you will be required to manage a broad range of contingencies and will use your medical training and experience to respond to and treat all types of medical emergencies and issues which may arise during the voyage. This role offers the opportunity to showcase your adaptability and experience across a range of potential medical situations.
As well as providing medical support, our Paramedics are responsible for delivering nationally accredited training to ABF crew and officers. As such, all staff must hold a Cert IV in Training and Assessment (to TAE40116 or equivalent).
Perhaps you are seeking to expand your professional experience; seeking exposure to a different and exciting role; or just a change in your working environment for a short period of time. Whatever your motivation, we welcome a confidential conversation with you.
To submit a complete application for this position, please ensure you provide the below mentioned documentation:
- A copy of your clinical qualifications, including any post graduate qualifications
- Evidence of qualification with an Australasian Ambulance Service
- Current unrestricted registration as a Paramedic with AHPRA
- Evidence of 30 hours of relevant CPD completed within the past 12 months
- Certificate to Practice or a letter from your Clinical Manager confirming your current scope of practice
- Evidence of CPR or BLS completed in the past 12 months
- Evidence of Advanced Life Support (ALS) completed in the past 2 years
- Evidence of completion of Cert IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or equivalent)
- Evidence of Drug and Alcohol Testing certification (desirable)
- A copy of your CV that demonstrates a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience
- Personal identification (i.e. drivers licence and passport), and evidence of name change if applicable
In addition to being able to meet Aspen Medical's credentialing requirements, you will need to hold (or be eligible to gain) the following:
- current Baseline Security Clearance and an Employment Suitability Clearance
- current Maritime Security Identification Card
- current Australian Maritime Safety Authority Medical.
- Registered Paramedic
- Posted By: State Medical Assistance
- Posted Date: 2022-06-24
- Location:Mittagong NSW 2575
- The Company State Medical Assistance (SMA) is an accredited and quality certified provider of non...