Occupational Therapist | Kununurra | Full Time
- : Juniper
- : 01-Aug-2020
- : Balcatta WA 6021
What's on offer:
- Attractive rates of pay, $43.60 - $49.88 p.h. depending on experience
- Salary packaging of $15,900 p/a
- Flexibility to achieve work-life balance
- Large, well respected aged care provider with ongoing employment opportunities throughout Western Australia
We are currently seeking to appoint a kind and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join the allied health team at our Juniper Gerdewoonem facility located in the Kimberley town of Kununurra. There is scope for the successful candidate to be based at one of our other 3 locations (Derby, Fitzroy Crossing or Wyndham) should this better suit their personal circumstances.
Whether you have a long held passion for aged care, or you are keen to build upon your experience assisting the elderly to live their best life, Juniper will welcome your application for this role. As an Occupational Therapist with Juniper, you will be responsible for undertaking assessments, contributing to care plans and providing appropriate treatment and advice to residents. You will be part of both a broader Occupational Therapy team, working across Juniper's locations, and an important member of a smaller, multidisciplinary team at this aged care home. You will need a compassionate manner with people, leadership qualities, clear communication skills and the ability to plan your day and manage priorities.
On offer is a permanent full time position, 75 hours per fortnight, Monday to Friday with an ongoing requirement for travel across the Kimberley region every 6-8 weeks.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating individual and group Occupational Therapy needs
- Implementing mobility programs to meet individual needs of residents
- Contributing to the team development, implementation, review and evaluation of Occupational Therapy care plans
- Supporting the maintenance or restoration of the residents’ independence
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication with residents
- Supervision and effective leadership of Therapy staff
- Maintaining accurate resident information
- Responding to the requests and concerns of families and other carers
The Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Current registration with the Occupational Therapist Registration board of WA
- Previous experience working in an aged care environment (Desirable)
- Experience in effective supervision and performance management of staff
- A valid WA driver's licence will be essential in this role due to the ongoing travel requirements
Juniper is a leading provider of care, accommodation and support services for older Western Australians. We are a values driven, community benefit organisation that excels in social enterprise for the benefit of all people. Our response to increasing need encompasses a strong presence throughout metropolitan Perth and in the Kimberley, Mid-West, Wheatbelt, South West and Great Southern regions, giving us one of the largest care footprints in Australia. We believe in celebrating life, and strive to add value to the communities in which we operate, where our staff and volunteers work to deliver our Vision and Mission.
Essential: Are you happy to travel regularly across the Kimberley region to attend site visits in Derby, Fitzroy Crossing, Kununurra and Wyndham?
Essential: How soon can you commence in this role (i.e. immediately, 1 week, 2 weeks etc.)
Essential: Please explain which site is your preference to be based at and why; i.e. Derby, Fitzroy Crossing, Kununurra or Wyndam.
No Similar Jobs Found.