Occupational Therapist - Mount Isa
- Fantastic opportunity for a qualified Occupational Therapist with a genuine passion for rural/remote health care
- Highly attractive salary package circa $88, 680 - $112, 640 PLUS salary sacrificing, 5 weeks annual leave, relocation & accommodation assistance
- With ongoing mentoring & professional development opportunities, applications are welcome from both graduate & experienced candidates
Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle
This organization is currently looking for Occupational Therapists to join their team in Mount Isa, QLD on a full-time basis.
Working as part of a supportive, diverse and multidisciplinary team, you will plan, deliver and evaluate Occupational Therapy services for customers and NDIS participants, with a focus on family and client strengths, needs and priorities.
A typical day will include:
- Supporting participants inclusion in the communities and activities they choose;
- Assessing clients' emotional, cognitive, developmental and physical capabilities using clinical observations and standardized assessments;
- Planning and directing programs through the use of vocational, recreational, social and educational activities on an individual and group basis;
- Assessing clients' functional potential in their home, leisure, work and school environments, and recommending environmental adaptations to maximize their performance;
- Providing advice to family members, carers, employers and teachers about adapting clients' home, leisure, work and school environments;
- Delivering goal-directed early childhoods supports; and
- Assisting with community education activities to improve the health of individuals by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability.
Helping those who may not otherwise receive healthcare and support, you’ll get to see the real difference your work makes in their lives, allowing clients to live and receive treatment locally.
It’s challenging, but we make a difference.
If you have a solid sense of adventure, are up for a new challenge, and are genuinely interested in making a real difference, this could be the role for you!
Candidates from all experience levels are encouraged to apply, provided you currently hold, or are eligible to obtain, AHPRA registration. This includes recent graduates and students in their final year of studies who are looking for a role to step into after graduation. With fantastic training and mentoring structures in place,this organization provides an ideal platform for you to grow and expand on your skill set.
This is a hands-on position that will require candidates to bring a high level of autonomy and flexibility, along with a demonstrated knowledge of Primary Health Care principles and issues presenting in rural and remote communities. Whilst practical experience isn't essential for graduate candidates, you will need to bring with you a genuine desire to lean - from your team, external mentors, and the communities themselves.
Experienced candidates with knowledge of, or exposure to, pediatrics will be highly regarded.
Our teams come from across Australia and include a wide range of ages, skills, and specializations, so you’ll be working with the best! This variety enables us to collaborate in our treatment of clients and learn from one another’s viewpoints.’ viewpoints
It won’t always be easy - the team works in rural and remote communities and cover a lot of distance, as one of the only organizations in the area providing these services. You will need to be able to connect with individuals from all walks of life, as you will be working with, and treating people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
In helping treat the full spectrum of your client's health needs, you will be challenged, often operating outside of your comfort zone. But the right individuals will grow both personally and professionally; and thrive as a result.
We love our work - so will you!
Whether you’re looking for a change of scenery or a new adventure, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution.
You’ll be joining a fantastic support network, from your local colleagues to the wider organization team of allied health professionals.
Successful candidates will receive a highly attractive salary package starting from $88, 680 for a Graduate and $112, 640 for an experienced OT.
A fantastic range of ADDITIONAL benefits will also be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15, 900;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Annual return flight home;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Relocation assistance.
Please note: Successful applicants must hold a blue and yellow card. If you have neither, you can apply for a combined blue card/NDIS worker screening (replacing yellow cards from 1 Feb 2021) online here - QLD Disability Worker Screening (communities.qld.gov.au) prior to commencing employment.
- You will need a current, unrestricted 'C' class Australian Driver's Licence;
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
Living in the Mount Isa community!
Also known as the 'Oasis of the Outback', Mount Isa offers the relaxed lifestyle and close-knit, supportive community of a small town, without sacrificing the amenities of city living. With a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, but none of the traffic or noise, it's a fantastic place for a "tree change", offering something for everyone, regardless of their interests. Home to the biggest rodeo in the southern hemisphere, which draws visitors from around the world, Mount Isa also offers the perfect jumping off point to explore the nearby national parks, and Lake Moondarra reservoir, located just 17 km north of the city centre!
#JOB -100 02717
No Similar Jobs Found.