- : Alzheimer's Queensland
- : 08-Sep-2020
- : Mount Gravatt QLD 4122
Diverse role for a caring Occupational Therapist within Aged & Community Care
Alzheimer's Queensland (AQ) is a not for profit organisation with residential and community services across south east Queensland. AQ prides itself on being an innovative organisation that exceeds client's expectations, so that people with dementia, frail aged and their families can have a good life.
We have an opening for experienced Occupational Therapist on a permanent full time basis. As part of our talented allied health team, this role is based from our Multi Service Centre at Arundel. Part time applicants would also be considered.
You will have the opportunity to support a diverse clientele group, including 50 years+, frail elderly and people with a cognitive impairment, including dementia.
Your key focus will be across our Arundel multi service centre, including home care and NDIS. Your aim will be to ensure positive outcomes for clients that enable them to continue living and be engaged in their community. This role will not be working in an Aged Care facility, you will be working in out in the Community.
Services provided are:
- Comprehensive Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions in a community setting
- Pain treatments
- The development of individual and group activities using a client-centred approach
- To design and implement wellness programs
- Provide staff education through coaching & presentations
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in an occupational therapist role
- Current AHPRA registration
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience in residential care and respite settings are advantageous
- Understanding and drive to make older people lives better within residential and community aged care
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with a commitment to providing high level customer service
- Current Open Driver's License is essential
- Work/Life balance with Flexible working arrangements
- Generous tax free salary packaging benefits available as a Not-For-Profit
- Access to company resources such as - library, laptop & smartphone
No Similar Jobs Found.