- : Occumax
- : 19-Nov-2020
- : Paget QLD 4740
- If you If you have a heart helping kids & families to live an enriched and connected life...
- If you are looking for a workplace that values your ideas & creativity...
- If you want good support, flexibility & work/life balance...
Then Occumax is for you! You can have a great job that lets you support children & their families the way you know best, get paid well & live in beautiful tropical north Queensland. You can also live and work from anywhere with our virtual therapy employment option.About Occumax & How You Can Help Kids Live a More Connected Life
Occumax is all about connection. Sometimes children have difficulty forming or making the right connections between their brain and body and everyday things are hard or tricky for them to do. Life is hard work and emotionally draining for them, their parents, friends and teachers.
By connecting with our Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Social Worker, children and parents are able to get the right tools, techniques and intervention to point them in the right direction. To do that, our staff need to be connected to good support, supervision and training.
Once children start to form better internal connections and overcome the participation problems they were experiencing, they are able to develop deeper and richer connections with their friends, family, and others beyond.
When we feel connected inside ourselves and to others in time and space, life is meaningful and fulfilling. So it is true that we really do discover happiness through connection.
For 13 years Occumax has been helping children and families from Mackay and surrounding communities to discover happiness through connection. We are known for really listening to parents and making a difference in their child's life. Occumax's strong values, coupled with the NDIS being in place for over 3 years, has led to the need to increase our staffing to meet existing community demands.All You Need To Know About The Job
All You Need To Know About The Job Who This Role is Suited For
The role will be perfect for you if you have an interest or experience working with children and their families. If you have come from a mental health background and are looking for a change, you will also find than many of your skills are transferable.Location
Occumax is located at Mackay, Queensland, Australia. Mackay is a vibrant coastal city where it’s friendly residents enjoy a tropical lifestyle and daily temperatures of 22C – 30C. Surrounded by bush, beach, national parks, only 1.5 hours drive to the Whitsunday Islands, Mackay is the place to be if you want to enjoy a slower, affordable lifestyle but still have everything you need.
There is also the opportunity to live and work from anywhere while delivering virtual therapy sessions with the support of our cloud based office systems.Remuneration
Opportunity to be employed as a permanent employee. Remuneration: $67 600 – $103 000 depending on skills and experience plus superannuation, professional development allowance and professional development leave.
This position is a full time role, however, we support work/life balance so flexible and part-time options can be negotiated for the right applicant. We also offer support and mentoring to gain a visa and registration to work as an Occupational Therapist in Australia if required.Clinical Support & Benefits
Our clinic is equipped with a wide range of therapy tools, toys and assessments. We also love technology and software applications that make your life easier as a clinician. We have full time administration support so that you can focus on helping your clients to achieve their goals. You will also be surrounded by an experienced and supportive, multi-disciplinary team and have unlimited access to clinical supervision.Other Perks of the Job
Uniforms are provided for all employees. We also have a coffee van and pie truck that stop daily at our door. We are close to the airport which is perfect if you want a colleague to drop you off for a weekend getaway.Position Descriptio Position Objective
To provide efficient and effective Occupational Therapy intervention for children and their families, in accordance with the policies, procedures and strategic directions of Occumax.Duties
- Comply with professional, ethical and clinical standards of practice in accordance with Occupational Therapy Australia and Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency’s Code of Ethics and Competency Standards for Occupational Therapists, and NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards.
- Provide a high quality Occupational Therapy service to Occumax clients. This includes effective management of and service provision for a specific number of children and their associated stakeholders e.g. their family and school staff. It also includes assessment, interpretation of data, report writing, intervention, documentation, periodic re-evaluation, collaborative consultation with parents and school staff, client related meetings and/or contact with parents, teachers and other professionals, as required.
- Provide Occupational Therapy services to clients in the clinic and/or in their home or school or using e-health technologies depending on what is deemed clinically necessary to achieve the best outcome for the client balanced with available organisational resources. From time to time, this may include the provision of outreach visits to towns in the surrounding region, depending on demand for services in these areas.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and client records in line with Occumax's guidelines.
- Complete Occumax client appointment booking and billing procedures as required.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Occumax.
- Identify and report areas for improvement to existing practices.
- Comply with Human Resource Management issues, including workplace health and safety, national principles for child safe organisations, and anti-discrimination as applied in the working environment.
- Hold a Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Hold general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency as an Occupational Therapist or ability to acquire provisional or general registration before commencement.
- Hold current driver's license.
- Member of Occupational Therapy Australia or ability to become a member before commencement.
- Hold, or ability to acquire before commencement, Professional Indemnity and Malpractice Insurance.
- Ability to work independently, manage own time to achieve deadlines and work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with parents, professionals, other stakeholders and team members, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify own learning needs, strengths and limitations and seek out appropriate tools and resources to improve own skills and competencies as required.
- Hold Australian or NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident, or have a relevant visa allowing you to live and work in Australia with no restrictions.
- Desirable Selection Criteria
- Two or more years experience as an Occupational Therapist working in a paediatric or mental health setting with children, young people and/or families and teachers.
- Knowledge of, and experience in delivering Occupational Therapy services to children with learning problems, behavioural difficulties, self-regulation and emotional problems such as anxiety and anger, play and social skills problems, gross and fine motor problems, and/ or those diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and/or other developmental conditions.
- Training in advanced sensory processing theory and practice, DIR/Floortime, play and social skills interventions, positive behaviour supports, parenting skills programs, anxiety management programs, learning difficulties and/or Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Eligible to be a Medicare provider of Better Access to Mental Health Care services.
- Occupational Therapist - Clinical Supervisor
- Posted By: IOH Injury & Occupational Health
- Posted Date: 2020-11-25
- Location:Wollongong NSW 2500
- The Opportunity Be at the heart of helping people live healthier, happier more fulfilling li...
- Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Kids Matters Occupational Therapy
- Posted Date: 2020-11-25
- Location:All Brisbane QLD
- Are you passionate about empowering kids to live their full potential? Build on your clinical s...
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
- Posted By: Encara
- Posted Date: 2020-11-25
- Location:South Brisbane QLD 4101
- About Us: Encara (encompassing care) specialise in the provision of physiotherapy and allied heal...
- Occupational Therapist (Advanced)
- Posted By: Marathon Health
- Posted Date: 2020-11-25
- Location:Albury NSW 2640
- Occupational Therapist (Advanced) Full Time or Part Time - Albury, NSW Working in a rapid...