Act for Kids is a for-purpose organisation that delivers evidence-based professional therapy and support services to children and families, who have experienced or are at risk of harm. Established in 1988, we have helped over 170,000 children, young people and families at our 30 centres across Australia.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
About the job...
We are seeking a dedicated Occupational Therapist to join our inclusive, compassionate and friendly team based in Blacktown, Sydney. This position is part-time (0.8 FTE), permanent.
This position is with our Integrated Therapy Service (Psychology, Speech Pathology, Counselling and Occupational Therapy) and provides outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families in Sydney.
- Provide occupational therapy assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team.
- Identify and work toward client goals and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Maintain a client case load as negotiated with the Clinical Services Manager.
- Attend stakeholder meetings for the benefit of clients and development of case plans.
- Regularly attend and participate in case reviews and other case discussions as required.
- Maintain up-to-date output and outcomes data for all clients as required by Act for Kids policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local community and government agencies.
- Maintain and develop your professional skills, through supervision and professional development.
- Provide quality, timely reports as required and/or requested.
- Act as a client/customer focused, values-based team member and work collaboratively with other staff to achieve strong results across all activities at Act for Kids.
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- National registration as an Occupational Therapist is essential and membership of Occupational Therapy Australia is desirable.
Skills and experience
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different backgrounds, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Willingness to receive cultural supervision in your work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
- An ability to use electronic case management and reporting tools and experience using Word and Excel.
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility may be requested.
- Fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $92,704 - $96,805 plus 10% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- A friendly and flexible work environment to support work/life balance
A requirement of employment is for the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
- Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Momentum Rehab Pty Ltd
- Posted Date: 2022-08-05
- Location:Sydney NSW 2000
- Momentum Rehab is looking for Occupational Therapists to join our growing professional team. We’d...
- Posted By: Bolton Clarke
- Posted Date: 2022-07-28
- Location:Pinjarra Hills QLD 4069
- We have a fantastic part-time opportunity available for a community Physiotherapist passionate about...
- Occupational Therapist
- Posted By: Bolton Clarke
- Posted Date: 2022-07-25
- Location:Townsville QLD 4810
- Servicing the Rockhampton region, as an Occupational Therapist with Bolton Clarke, you are directly ...
- Occupational Therapist - Permanent Part Time
- Posted By: Central Bayside Community Health Services
- Posted Date: 2022-07-23
- Location:Parkdale VIC 3195
- Work with a friendly and supportive team Easy street parking Access to public transport Not for Profit Salary Packaging Flexible working arrangements