Paediatric Speech Pathologist
- : Access Your Supports
- : 21-May-2020
- : Geelong VIC 3220
ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 150 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist participants to achieve their NDIS goals.
Come and be a part of the AYS team. We’re not just supporting people but supporting each other to raise the bar higher for the best outcomes for our participants.
About your new role
Supporting children and their families with speech and communication including assessment and intervention planning, trial and implementation of alternative and augmentative communication systems, feeding difficulties and pragmatics you will enjoy a varied caseload within our therapy hub and out in the community.
Working as a part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, you will plan, monitor and review participant outcomes in line with NDIS funding. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of abilities and service delivery models with participants between the ages of 0-18 years old.
- Working with children and teenagers aged 0 -18 to support communication and/or swallowing impairments associated with ASD, intellectual disability, developmental delays, physical disability and/or learning difficulties and acquired brain injury.
- Evidence-based assessment and management of fluency and speech sounds disorders.
- Evidence-based assessment and treatment of children who have difficulty chewing and/or swallowing.
- Evidence-based assessment and management of children who have difficulty communicating verbally; including the provision of appropriate communication strategies and/or alternative and augmented communication devices.
- Providing consultation and education to colleagues across AYS, primarily in our Early Intervention Team, as well as external stakeholders such as education, medical, dental and other health professionals involved with our participants
- Providing ongoing support, advice and information to participants, families and other significant persons (such as friends, carers and educators) in order to develop more successful communication interactions.
- Bachelor or Master of Speech Pathology from an accredited tertiary institution
- Desired Professional Membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Desired Certification as a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist
What’s on offer?
- Work life balance
- Competitive hourly rate
- Interdisciplinary peer support and learning
What sets you apart from the rest?
- An ambitious, results driven and solution-oriented individual who enjoys working as part of a driven, positive and collaborative team
- Experienced in supporting children and adults using an evidence-based approach
- Adaptable and can-do attitude to effortlessly adjust to participants' needs and their NDIS plans
- A natural ability to engage and maintain stakeholder relationships and networks
- Demonstrated experience achieving results working with NDIS participants
- We’re an incredible bunch of people
- We’re bold, daring and next level
- We see opportunities where others may not
- We embrace your strengths
- We stand up for the things we believe in and stand together as a team
- We’re a social bunch with regular get togethers
So, what are you waiting for?
Apply today and leap into a rewarding and progressive career with Access Your Supports.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to show you’re right for the job.
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual’s name against a database held by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability living in group homes. If your name is on or is placed on the list, you will be ineligible to work as a disability support worker with AYS.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a speech pathologist?
- Are you currently a member of Speech Pathology Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Senior Speech Pathologist (Weipa)
- Posted By: Queensland Government
- Posted Date: 2020-05-25
- Location:Weipa Airport QLD 4874
- Deliver high level speech pathology services to improve the speech, language and swallowing skills o...
- Speech Pathologist - Full time or Part time in Gri...
- Posted By: The Benevolent Society
- Posted Date: 2020-05-25
- Location:Griffith NSW 2680
- Strong pipeline of client referrals allowing you to focus on the clients Join a national Speech...
- Speech Pathologist - SDN Children's Therapies
- Posted By: SDN Children's Services
- Posted Date: 2020-05-24
- Location:Ultimo NSW 2007
- 2 x Speech Pathologist SDN Children's Therapies South Western Sydney We are looking for two...
- Speech Pathologist
- Posted By: Spot Family
- Posted Date: 2020-05-24
- Location:Queensland QLD
- Spot Family providers of consistent, accessible therapy consistent & reliable therapy is hard to com...