Permanent FT/PT Occupational Therapist - Community based - Outer Sydney
- : HealthcareLink On-Demand
- : 15-May-2020
- : All Sydney NSW
Job title: Permanent FT/PT Occupational Therapist - Community based – Outer Sydney
Hours: 40 Hours a week Full time and Flexible for Part time
Salary: Generous salary package (based on Experience) + benefits
Location: South-western fringe of Sydney
As an Occupational Therapist - collaborate as part of a supportive team of community service and health professionals to provide a person-centred practice by integrating with other teams within the organisation to improve outcomes for mixed caseload including the indigenous community
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creating treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualised needs of a diverse population of clients.
- Performing screenings to assess needs.
- Educating clients and family members about developmental disorders and causes, including disabilities and traumatic events.
- Reporting progress and current status to appropriate parties
- Assessment and intervention for gross and fine motor skills, particular in preparation for school and in the early school years.
- Visual motor skill development, Daily living skills
- Behavioural and Sensory processing support
- Make recommendations for home and school modifications
- Generous salary packaging benefits and other staff discounts at local organisations such as gyms, etc.
- Career growth and ongoing professional development opportunities
- Possess Bachelor’s degree of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Full registration with AHPRA
- Must provide a current Working with Children Check, National Police Check
- Current Drivers Licence and access to reliable transport
- Knowledge and understanding of working with both ATSI and CALD Communities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and clear report writing skills
- Communicate with clients and build rapport.
- Ability to manage own case load
- New Graduates are welcome to apply
If you are interested in this position, please click Apply Now
No Similar Jobs Found.