- : Spinal Cord Injury
- : 12-Aug-2020
- : Sydney NSW 2000
- Work for a leading national non-profit organisation
- Part Time role (15 hrs per week), includes Saturday shift
- Be part of a growing visionary exercise program
- Excellent induction program, training & support
Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA) is a member-based national for purpose organisation that promotes independence and provides services to people with a spinal cord injury and other neurological disabilities to assist them to achieve their goals. Working together with our clients, we assist in the elimination of barriers that prevent social inclusion for people with a spinal cord injury and other physical disability, ensuring that the society in which we live is accessible in every way.
NeuroMoves provides a suite of exercise services for people with neurological conditions. Our specialist program offers the opportunity for people to improve their functional capacity, acquire new skills and prevent secondary health complication. The program’s welcoming, motivating and supportive environment promotes elevated independence and overall health, fitness and well-being.
NeuroMoves Lismore is based at Southern Cross University Health Clinic in the beautiful Northern Rivers of NSW. We have state of the art equipment, being one of the only regional centres to have access to specialised equipment to facilitate recovery and therapy for Neurological and Spinal Cord Injury populations.
NeuroMoves is currently operating in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Lismore, Adelaide and Perth and our therapist team of 45 is comprised of exercise physiologists and physiotherapists.
SCIA is looking for a Part Time Physiotherapist/EP to join our NeuroMoves Lismore team. The Physiotherapist/EP is applying new graduate knowledge or new sector experience to deliver a range of common exercise programs and therapies to NeuroMoves customers. The role supports and assists experienced staff in the delivery of complex exercise programs and therapy.THE PHYSIOTHERAPY/EP ROLE INVOLVES:
- Working as a part of a team to deliver quality exercise therapy sessions to clients with neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, MS, Parkinson’s Disease, Cerebral Palsy etc.
- Working autonomously under the guidance of a supervisor to manage a case load of clients with varying conditions
- Accurately assesses individual client needs and sets goals accordingly
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff
- Prepare reports/plans for clients, medical and health professionals and external funding agencies
- Tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy or Exercise Physiology
- Accredited with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA) or Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Proven clinical experience with excellent clinical reasoning skills
- Experience in working as part of a team, ideally in a rehabilitation or community based setting
- An ability to encourage and support clients with an empathic, positive approach
- Strong written, administration, organisation and time management skills and familiar with using a CRM system.
- Ability to adhere to work health and safety protocols and awareness of work health and safety issues
- Ability to be involved in work of a highly physical nature
- Passionate about working with neurological populations, with a strong self-directed desire to continually improve their skills
SCIA has a dedicated, supportive and innovative culture and so we are looking for someone who will fit well into our team by having a positive attitude, strong relationship building skills and a passion for improving the circumstances of marginalised and disadvantaged people.SCIA WILL PROVIDE:
- An excellent induction and training program as well as ongoing training & support provided to further develop neurological skills
- The opportunity to deliver a range of programs and utilise the latest specialised equipment and technology.
This is a part-time role working 15 hours per week, with scope to increase in the future. SCIA offers a flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment and an attractive remuneration package including PBI salary packaging options.
The successful applicant will need to provide a National Police Check and Working with Children Check clearance.
No Similar Jobs Found.