Private General Practitioners
- : headspace
- : 30-Jun-2020
- : Cairns QLD 4870
headspace Cairns is seeking motivated and experienced General Practitioners with an interest in youth mental health to work on a full time, part time or sessional basis in our Cairns headspace centre.
headspace Cairns provides a range of evidence based, early intervention services to young people aged 12-25 years, including primary health, mental health, substance use counselling, & social recovery programs.
Working in our bulk billing centres, General Practitioners provide:
- An opportunity for young people to access help earlier through GP appointments.
- Early identification, diagnosis and treatment of physical and mental health problems, ensuring better pathways to health.
- Youth friendly medical services and mental health treatment planning and follow-up.
- Integrated health care that is youth-friendly and responsive to families.
- Services that are respectful, non-judgemental and respect diversity.
What we offer
- Appointment management, bulk billing and practice management support enable the GP to focus on delivering high quality medical services to young people.
- Multi-disciplinary team who are passionate and knowledgeable about youth mental health
- Regular peer support opportunities.
- Access to onsite clinicians who provide comprehensive onsite psychosocial assessments
- Smooth referral pathways into mental health, drug and alcohol, early intervention and sexual health services.
- Continuing Professional Development in field of youth mental health.
- Secondary consultation opportunities (Clinical Services Manager and Consultant Psychiatrist).
- Flexibility with hours and days worked (including possibility of after-hours work)
- Support from the headspace National Office GP Advisor.
No Similar Jobs Found.