Senior Psychologist MW HOPE
- : Melbourne Health
- : 15-Oct-2020
- : All Melbourne VIC
Senior Psychologist MW HOPE
- Senior Clinical Psychologist (P3)
- Part Time Fixed Term until March 2021
- Mid West Hospital (Outreach Post-Suicidal Engagement (HOPE)
Life with Us:
- Responsible for developing and delivering evidence based psychological interventions to at risk clients and their families/significant others
- Being a part of the new HOPE initiative (Hospital Outreach Post-suicidal Engagement)
- Commited to building resilience in individuals by providing intensive and individualised therapeutic care and support
- Actively contribute to the evulation of the HOPE program
A Job to Be Proud Of:
The HOPE trial has been developed to provide support to individuals discharged from the Sunshine Emergency Department post a suicide attempt or displaying serious suicide ideation, intent or planning. HOPE will support clients for a period of 12 weeks, providing assertive and coordinated care. Engagement will take place via both outreach and clinic based therapeutic interventions. Each client will be allocated a HOPE Psychosocial Support Worker and Clinician to deliver practical support and evidence based therapeutic interventions to address the unique social, economic, historical and environmental factors that have contributed to, or continue to contribute to, a person’s suicidality.
- Expertise in developing and delivering brief therapeutic interventions.
- Strong clinical leadership skills
- Contribute effectively to a multidisciplinary team and a genuine commitment to working within a client-centered framework.
- Demonstrated clinical supervision and consultation skills to promote professional competencies
- Strong liaison and networking skills
- Interest and expertise in the area of suicide prevention
- Collaborative, responsive and empathic
Our Commitment to You:
- We are a values based organisation. A career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary sacrifice and flexible working arrangements if needed
- Access to Professional Development through our Training and Development Unit
- Reward & Recognition Programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
No Similar Jobs Found.