Service Manager, Youth Enhanced Support Service YESS - Mental Health
- : Parramatta Mission
- : 24-Jun-2020
- : Parramatta NSW 2150
Closing Date: 15/07/2020
Job Type: Contract
Job Category: Community Services and Development,Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical
The Youth Enhanced Support Service (YESS) of Parramatta Mission aims to provide early intervention services to young people ( aged 12 to 25) with emerging serious mental illness, and their families, that are youth-friendly, accessible, consistent and seamless, which involves ongoing care and support. The YESS program delivers services across three regions; Northern Sydney and Northern Beaches, Nepean Blue Mountains, and Western Sydney.
- Full time Maternity leave cover to June 2021 - possible extension
- Opportunity to provide service via Telehealth
- Attractive salary + Generous salary packaging benefits
- A Company Motor Vehicle is part of the role - Travel required between programs based in Nepean Blue Mountains, Western Sydney and North Sydney region
The Service Manager will provide clinical leadership and line management. Working closely with the Operations Manager, the role will ensure effective delivery of services according to their specific models of care and to ensure that team resources are managed effectively and efficiently. The Service Managers will hold the responsibility of the operational management, administrative management and systems maintenance for their teams. They will also provide the necessary direction and support to staff to deliver services within funding guidelines and organisational policies and procedures.Desired Skills and Experience
1. Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker), and full membership with AHPRA or the appropriate professional body.
2. Significant clinical expertise and leadership experience of a minimum of 5 years
3. Highly developed and demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills
4. Substantial experience and demonstrated skill in the coordination of individualized psychosocial interventions to meet the needs of young people and consumers presenting with a variety of mental health concerns based on a case formulation approach
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other professionals and to lead a multi-disciplinary team as well as proven ability to be self-motivated and function autonomously
6. Flexibility in coping with organisational change and demonstrated capacity to be innovative in clinical approaches with young people and adults
7. Demonstrated commitment to clinical supervision and ongoing professional development and to ensure this is provided to all clinicians
8. Ability to lead and manage multiple clinical teams and to provide appropriate feedback, performance management and adhere to all staff recruitment procedures
9. Ability to create a team culture and performance that is based on hope, optimism and a recovery framework for young people and consumers
10. Demonstrated time management and organizational skills and willingness to work across multiple sites
11. Contribute to the strategic planning, policy development and vision for the service and participate in the leadership team or any other duties as directed
12. Demonstrated ability seek, establish, maintain and work in partnership and collaboration with stakeholders external to Parramatta Mission
13. Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007) and the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act (1998) and other relevant legislation
14. Able to participate on Management OnCall- ReCall Roster as applicable
15. Able to manage OnCall – Recall roster for staff
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
A competitive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Parramatta Mission encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Full Time Psychologist - Nanango
- Posted By: Health Workforce Queensland
- Posted Date: 2020-07-09
- Location:Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett QLD
- Full time Psychologist position available in Nanango and Kingaroy
- Clinical Psychologist wanted in Prahran, VIC -Priv...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink Support
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Prahran VIC 3181
- Job title: Clinical Psychologist wanted in Prahran, VIC Location: Prahran, VIC Hours...
- Posted By: Champion Health
- Posted Date: 2020-07-08
- Location:Slacks Creek QLD 4127
- Are you looking to work as a part of a growing multidisciplinary team that emphasizes personal conne...
- Child & Adolescent Psychologists and Clinical Psyc...
- Posted By: The Psych Professionals
- Posted Date: 2020-07-07
- Location:Loganholme QLD 4129
- The Psych Professionals are always on the lookout for team members who are aligned to our values, wh...