Sonographer (Breast Ultrasound) - BreastScreen Service
- : BreastScreen Queensland Mackay Service
- : 05-Sep-2020
- : Mackay QLD 4740
Position status Position type Occupational group Classification Workplace Location Job ad reference Closing date Job duration Contact person Contact details
|Non Standard Hours|
|Health - Allied Health/Clinical Support|
|Casual (hours as required)|
Your organisation – Mackay Hospital and Health Service:
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services that employ more than 2,700 staff. The Mackay district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to approximately 182,000 people in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Click here to find out more information about the Mackay HHS
The position is required to participate in assessment clinics at BreastScreen Queensland Mackay Service; and provide breast ultrasound for diagnostic and assessment purposes. Clients may require further investigations and the position may be required to assist in diagnostic procedures such as; needle biopsy; provide ultrasound guidance for hook wire placement if requested; and participate actively as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
The BreastScreen Queensland Mackay Service operates within the guidelines of the BreastScreen Australia (BSA) and BreastScreen Queensland Programs. These programs are funded through the Commonwealth and State to provide a free population-based mammography screening and assessment service to women over 40 years of age.
Why work for Mackay HHS?
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
Conditions of employment:
In addition to any mandatory requirements specified on the Role Description, such as Professional Registration and Qualifications, and prior to being made an offer of employment, incumbents are required to demonstrate their immunity to all or some of the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox), Pertussis (whooping cough).
Click here to find out more information about VPD
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
- Before applying ensure that you download and read the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants.
- Provide a short response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
- Applicants applying through a website other than Smartjobs (such as Seek, LinkedIn, Jora, Indeed): Click on ‘Apply Now' and you will be re-directed to the Smartjobs website where you can view the documents mentioned above.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are to apply online and supply the requested documentation by attaching to their online application. Applications remain current for 12 months (permanent roles) or for the duration of the vacancy (temporary roles).
No Similar Jobs Found.