SPEECH PATHOLOGIST - Mackay
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 26-Jul-2020
- : Mackay QLD 4740
SPEECH PATHOLOGIST - Full-time or Part-time
Mackay is a city and its centre suburb in the Mackay Region on the eastern or Coral Sea coast of Queensland, Australia. It is located about 970 kilometres north of Brisbane, on the Pioneer River. Mackay is nicknamed the sugar capital of Australia because its region produces more than a third of Australia's sugar. At June 2018 Mackay had a population of 80,148, having decreased slightly at an average annual rate of -0.32% year-on-year over the preceding five years.
Could you be the speech pathologist we have been looking for to join our fantastic experienced multidisciplinary team?
Come and join us in Mackay, where we help children and families to live their best lives.
- Well established business delivering clinical excellence for children and their families
- Experienced leadership team supporting a growing, diverse, fulfilled, connected, collaborative and dynamic team
- Exceptional commitment to both in-house and external professional development - we have a professional development and mentorship program that will help you to accelerate your career development
- Generous workplace flexibility and support to suit your lifestyle and family
- Close collaborative working relationships with local allied health colleagues, as well as connections to and collaborations with other Queensland and Australia wide clinicians and services
- Be part of our growing and innovative service - contribute to new ideas, new services, and our brand new purpose built clinic space due to be opened June 2020
Permanent Speech Pathology Position
This caseload will primarily focus on the meeting the needs of an existing caseload of children with a variety of disabilities. Our clinic caseload consists of a mix of children from babies to school age (and beyond), and a mix of feeding, speech, language, literacy, AAC and disability fields. The position will primarily work out of our clinic in Mackay, but may also include off-site community based services.
In this position, you will work as part of our multidisciplinary team, working alongside highly experienced occupational therapists and physiotherapists, as well as our amazingly supportive therapy assistant and administrative team. You will be provided with exceptional support to ensure you have or can acquire the skills you need to perform at your best as a therapist. This support will include internal mentoring from our experienced clinical leadership team, as well as external mentoring from highly experienced and highly regarded paediatric speech pathologists. This external mentoring will also include direct face to face clinical support through an outreach mentoring model, schedule to be provided up to 4 times per year.
Passionate speech pathologists who are committed to life-long learning, thrive on collaboration and working with others, and are dedicated to the provision of exemplary clinical care would be well suited to this position. Speech pathologists with either experience in disability, or an interest and passion for supporting children with disabilities are particularly welcome at our clinic. While experienced clinicians are preferred, early career clinicians with exemplary clinical credentials are welcome to apply as we have scope within our clinic and within our mentorship program for a staggered introduction to the caseload of clients as well as exceptional support through our mentorship program.
Why work with us?
- Work in an exceptionally supportive, caring and stimulating workplace
- Meet the needs of a diverse paediatric disability caseload, with variety across feeding, speech, language, literacy, and AAC needs
- Be part of a welcoming and collaborative team who work closely together to readily share skills and knowledge
- Receive regular supervision, mentoring and support provided from both within our highly experienced team and outside professional support networks
- Be provided with employer funding for external professional development
- Opportunity for professional and career development, with career pathway options as you progress
- Quarterly whole of team afternoons for learning, planning, reflection, recognition, and inspiration
- Excellent remuneration - annual salary in line with experience, plus superannuation, annual leave loading and professional development allowance. Relocation support is also available.
- Develop meaningful, long term relationships with clients and families by making a real difference in their lives
- Unbeatable lifestyle - stress free commutes, 15 different beaches within 5-30 minutes drive, beautiful rainforests and national parks close by, the breathtaking Whitsundays a short drive north, and a great community with lots of local events and activities.
- We are a growing service, and have expansion plans for new services and a new paeds specific and disability accessible clinic space - come and join the fun!
- Recognised degree in Speech Pathology
- Member of Speech Pathology Australia and current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Holder of valid Blue Card
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing a range of assessments and therapy approaches for a paediatric caseload, including for children with disabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and to seek and share advice from others through mentoring, networking and professional development
- Demonstrated effective, efficient and timely verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Demonstrated passion for contributing to a positive workplace culture and to supporting the well-being of colleagues
- Current driver's licence
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the essential criteria above as well as a current resume with two professional referees.
Please apply today
Reference HWQAH- 100 02533
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.
No Similar Jobs Found.