- : Lizard Center
- : 21-May-2020
- : Camberwell VIC 3124
As a Senior Behaviour Therapist (SBT) you will oversee programs for a range of clients (children with ASD and developmental delay), working with Lizard Behaviour Therapists (LBTs) making sure the quality, consistency and accuracy of the services being delivered. This is in keeping with the high standards you strive to maintain as a passionate professional and representative of the Lizard Centre’s mission.
You will also regularly consult with families to report on their child’s progress, manage their expectation in relation to the program that has been developed for them.
This will be achieved through:
- Working in cooperation with the Behaviour Analyst/Program Supervisor to deliver tailored program sessions utilising ABA therapy.
- Providing direction, guidance, coaching and training support to Behaviour Therapists.
- Monitoring data collected by Behaviour Therapists and providing feedback.
- Conducting therapy sessions in line with individualised ABA program.
- Enabling achievement of client goals as outlined in the individualised ABA program.
- Developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships with clients in a manner that promotes the clients’ overall relationship with the Centre and Behaviour Analyst/Program Supervisor.
- Ensuring that all client relations promote Lizard’s professional and ethical integrity.
- Training Behaviour Therapists to a high standard and provide them with the necessary ongoing supervision and support.
- Supporting the individual needs of each child.
Why do you want to work at The Lizard Centre?
- You are working towards or already have a received your Bachelor’s degree in a Psychology, Education, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or a related field.
- You are motivated to help children with autism and developmental delay.
- Your minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience delivering ABA programs to children (18 months - 7 years) with ASD means that you are well-versed up to highly skilled in the principles of ABA, or have or are undertaking postgraduate studies in ABA.
- You are sensitive to the needs of the families you work with and create positive, yet objective, relationships with them.
- You can demonstrate clear communications skills both written and verbal.
- You easily work within a team environment and comply withProfessional and Ethics Compliance Code for Behaviour Analysts. You treat your co-workers with respect.
- You are comfortable managing the progress of many clients simultaneously (you may have been a juggler in your last life!).
- You understand that we are all continuously learning, the field of ABA is dynamic and evolving and you’re open and willing to embrace this.
- You know how to get on with what needs to be done efficiently and effectively, to organise and prioritise tasks and work on your own.
- You know how to laugh. You spend plenty of time at work, so you make it fun…and rewarding.
We invest in our people.
We want you to build a great career at the Lizard Centre and stay with us for the long term, so we are committed to investing in your development with consistent training and mentoring from BCBAs and BCBA-Ds who are part of our team. As a successful SBT you will be on track to become a Behaviour Analyst / Program Supervisor.
No Similar Jobs Found.