Speech Pathologist -Goulburn, NSW
Job Title: Full time Speech Pathologist wanted in Goulburn, NSW
Working hours: 38 hours / Week
Location: Goulburn, NSW
Salary: Up to 100K (Depending on experience)
About The role:
- You will be responsible for efficient, evidence-based clinical service delivery to a caseload of clients who are funded by the NDIS, Medicare and other private operators.
- The role is community-based and can be performed at various locations from the clinic, school to home-based therapies.
- The Speech Pathologist will work as the Allied Health team and will be required to work autonomously and at a self-directed pace in order to achieve clinical targets.
- Ensure that you provide high level of speech and language consultation to all clients within an average of number of billable hours within a day. Provide evidence based, person centred assessment, clinical management and intervention to people with a cognitive, physical or psycho-social disability in line with client goals.
- Organise speech sessions according to the requirement of the clients and conduct such sessions in a timely manner.
- Ensure all cases are monitored, evaluated and reviewed with regards to the progress therapy plan with complete detail and accuracy. Conduct assessments and provide multi-disciplinary therapy recommendations based on client’s needs.
- Write reports to a high standard that meet both the needs of the client and the insurer. Liaise with and provide therapy and progress reports to the NDIS, Support Coordination, external organisations and other referrers/funding bodies as required.
- Provide speech and language consultation and oversight of programs, to both therapist team and to clients.
- Provide speech and language therapy to clients within the program models.
- Provide direct speech and language therapy, train and support clients to run goals and interventions.
- Administer speech and language assessments, develop and implement therapy plans for any speech and language referrals.
- Conduct termly speech and language screeners within the local community.
- Monitor, evaluate and review progress and therapy plans.
- Undertake appropriate professional development, including self-reflection.
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic therapy programs.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- A commitment to meeting client and organisational expectations.
- Adopt and embrace company values and philosophy
- Ensure the environment is kept in a safe and hygienic state at all times
- Commitment to work as an effective team member
- Promote the company and its interests to the local and wider community.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 1 years of experience preferred, although negotiable for the right candidate.
- New graduates can also apply
- Punctual, reliable and committed.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NDIS.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in creating efficiency and meeting targets.
- Clear, personable and professional communication, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Professional communication style to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Good computer skills required for the company practice management software.
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously.
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative.
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology or equivalent
- Current membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Current Drivers' Licence
- National Police check (NPC)
- Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
If you are interested in this position please click Apply Now
No Similar Jobs Found.