Quality Pain Management
Learning Activity Description:
As a health care worker providing care or services to older people living in residential or home care you are required to practice in accordance with the requirements of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
This learning resource will also have relevance in all of other health care settings providing care or services to older people.
Aged Care Learning Solutions educational material is endorsed by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation.
- Acknowledge the problems with identifying and managing pain for older people
- State the myths and facts associated with older people and pain
- List the most common causes of pain experienced by older people
- Explain a person centred pain management process
- Describe effective strategies for pain management