Skin Care and Wound Management
Learning Activity Description:
As a health care worker providing care or services to older people living in residential or home care you are required to practice in accordance with the requirements of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
This learning resource will also have relevance in all of other health care settings providing care or services to older people.
Aged Care Learning Solutions educational material is endorsed by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation.
- Describe the age related changes to skin, hair and nails State the risk factors for skin damage including pressure injuries, skin tears and leg ulcers
- Understand what to observe for and report
- Describe the strategies for the prevention of skin damage including skin tears, pressure injuries and leg ulcers
- List the stages of wound healing
- State the principles of wound management
- Outline the negative impact of wounds on people’s quality of life
- State the specific requirements for the management of pressure injuries, skin tears and leg ulcers