General Practitioner Permanent - with Skin Interest Innisfail
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 11-Nov-2020
Skin cancer Training opportunity FNQ
- Do DPA restrictions stop you from learning new skills or practice ownership?
- Do you want to learn and train in skin cancer medicine and surgery in a non-corporate, supported and safe environment ?
- Have you spent thousands of dollars on skin cancer courses but find it difficult to implement those skills in clinical practice safely and with confidence?
- Have you dreamt of a SEA AND TREE change at the same time and to leave the big smoke behind without compromising on the perks of an international airport or shopping centres?
- Have you dreamt of working less and spending more of your time with your precious family?
- Have you ever wondered how easy it would be to learn skin cancer medicine and surgery if you had an onsite mentor?
IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THE ABOVE QUESTIONS, THEN WE HAVE SOME AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU IN FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND - Cairns is Non DPA and Innisfail is DPA.
We are looking for doctors interested in Skin cancer training. We are fully booked and need more doctors to cater for the expanding demand. We are a fully doctor owned, and operated clinic accredited for extended skills training in skin cancer by James Cook University for GP registrars. We have a very collegiate academic environment with regular teaching sessions, lunch time/zoom discussions and help with excisions.
No empty Pt slots, exciting work, upskilling, awesome tropics with everything you need in a capital city but without the price tag. Amazing schools, sports crazy town, James cook university, multicultural community and every possible outdoor activity available within an hour's car drive or boat ride (except snowfields of course).
We average around 20 NEW PATIENT bookings EVERY DAY. We are also a referral
Practice with regular GP referrals from other practices.
Can be hot and wet for 3 months but it's "just perfect" for the rest of the year and we spend more time outside than inside with the Weber being used 12 months a year.
Cannot be appreciated until you have come to see the area for yourself - give our region a try and you will not be disappointed.
International airport with flights to most major transit cities and major tourist destinations. Domestic airport with flights to most places in Australia (May not be accurate due to Covid restrictions).
FNQH Cairns and Innisfail - home to the Vectra WB360 3D molemapping! Only GP practice to offer this service in Australia. Opportunity to do both skin and GP work in one place.
Large well established, AGPAL accredited Skin Clinics - looking for GPs interested in skin cancer medicine and surgery.
We are well equipped with 8 operating theatres in Cairns and 2 in the Innisfail clinic. Full nursing support. We have 13 doctors currently with good patient load and great pathology across both sites. Our hit rate for Melanomas is at least one every second working day.
All sutures made in the USA or Belgium and no cheap consumables.
We offer onsite hands on skin cancer training which will complement the courses you may do and FNQH- Cairns is the National Training Centre for Sundoctors, which shows our standards and dedication to training. We are also accredited for both GP and extended skills training in Skin cancer for GP registrars.
Onsite training provided by Dr Phil Hayden (Senior skin cancer educator and trainer) and Dr Vin Rajeswaran (Training director for Sundoctors group of clinics, Tutor Advanced certificate in Skin cancer medicine and surgery)
Due to a doctor retiring in Innisfail and a massive patient load, we require 2 doctors urgently and can offer onsite training.
Opportunities in beautiful Cairns city is also available due to extreme patient load
If you are entrepreneurial, business opportunities/mentorship may be available as we are rapidly expanding.
If you are keen to learn skin cancer medicine and surgery in a safe non-corporate and supportive environment, this may be the place for you.
Outside work, we do regular fishing trips, curry nights etc every 6-8 weeks
If you wish to see how we work, you are welcome to come spend a day with one of our senior doctors.
If this role interests you, please apply today for further information on this position
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.
This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development. https://www.healthworkforce.com.au/health-workforce-scholarship-program/
- General Practitioner - Roma MMM4 DPA
- Posted By: Health Workforce Queensland
- Posted Date: 2020-11-30
- Location:Roma QLD 4455
- * Established clinic - Loyal and diverse patient base * Work in a DPA and MM4 Area * Fantastic for a Doctor who is starting or planning their 3GA training program
- Telemedicine / Telehealth General Practitioner (GP...
- Posted By: Medecate Pty Ltd
- Posted Date: 2020-11-03
- Location:Sydney NSW 2000
- An exciting opportunity is open to join a telehealth platform that focuses on men's health and menta...